Do you have a particular talent?

Old 10-21-10, 06:03 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Do you have a particular talent?

Can you do something most people can't?

Can you bench press 300 pounds?

Do a one-arm pull up?

Whistle? (I do not mean like whistling Yankee Doodle Dandy. I mean like whistling to call your dog, where you can hear it over a crowd at a football game, type of whistle.)

Double jointed?

Touch your nose with your tongue?

Make your pecks dance? (like the guy who was in "White Chicks" can do)

Wiggle your ears (without touching them)?

Do that tornado like twirl on ice skates?

Spin a baketball on your fingertip like top?

Jump rope, spinning the rope around you TWICE per every jump.

Juggle? (3 or more objects)

Walk a tight-rope?

Blow smoke rings about every time, effortlessly?

Talk faster than most people?

Can say tongue-twisters fast? (i.e. - A skunk sat on a stump. The stump said the skunk stunk. The skunk said the stump stunk. Or - The sheets are slit. Who slit the sheets. Whoever slit the sheets is a sheet slitter. Or - Rubber baby buggy bumpers, rubber baby buggy bumpers, rubber baby buggy bumpers.)

Close one eye while leaving the other one open and vice-versa?

Completely ambidextrous?

Run faster than most people? (Counting when you were younger).

Walk a great distance on your hands?

Do a back flip?

Stuff a basketball?

Run a marathon?

Been selected to any elite club, organization based on a skill or talent?

Type extremely fast, like 150 WPM or something?

Fly a plane or helicopter?

Crack an egg into pan without breaking it - one handed?

Light a match one-handed?

Do close-up slight of hand magic?

(You can add to my list.)

Last edited by ecman51; 10-21-10 at 06:24 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-10, 06:09 PM
Can someone teach me the trick of how to whistle? I can't even do it using my two fingers.

I'd have to answer no to everything on my list except I have lit matches one handed and have cracked an egg one-handed, but I'm sure far from an old hand at it.

I always thought it be nice to possess even just ONE unusual skill that most people can't do.

Old 10-21-10, 07:32 PM
I can type over 100 wpm. Have been able to do so since high school. It just adds to the frustration factor during the 180 second waiting period between posts.

I operate our 48 channel Yamaha sound board at church. No one even comes up in the balcony to watch. They're scared of it, I guess.

Most all else is pretty common.

Old 10-21-10, 07:40 PM
i am REALLY GOOD, at not being good at anything

tongue to nose, yep.
1 hand egg, yep
loud whistle, yep. took a lot of practice.
run fastest = when i was a kid.
1 handed match, yep.

and i can weld pretty good. though i don't do it much

Old 10-22-10, 12:40 AM
Let's see.....I can do things that only I think are neat!

- I can ride a bike all over sitting backwards on the handlebars. I could do that the first time I tried (weird)
- When I was 50 I could still do a handstand, lower, touch my nose to the ground, then go back up. Never took gymnastics. Can't do anything else related to gymnastics.
- Oh yeah, I can windmill a football harder than I can throw it overhand (a useless talent that has never come in handy other than to scare the crap out of people that don't expect it to come that hard
- I can loud whistle with one finger
- I can play "the good, the bad, the ugly" by cupping my hands and blowing into them and making a hooting sound).

Old 10-22-10, 05:32 PM
Originally Posted by chandler View Post
I can type over 100 wpm. Have been able to do so since high school. It just adds to the frustration factor during the 180 second waiting period between posts.

I operate our 48 channel Yamaha sound board at church. No one even comes up in the balcony to watch. They're scared of it, I guess.

Most all else is pretty common.
Is the sound board, as you call it, an electronic organ?

What do you mean that all else is pretty common?

Old 10-22-10, 05:36 PM
Originally Posted by condo-owner View Post
loud whistle, yep. took a lot of practice.
Any tips to share?.....................

Old 10-22-10, 06:02 PM
Dave, the sound board, I incorrectly identified is really the mixing board. 48 channels. Gather sound from various instruments, voices, etc, and put them back out in a balanced form to the main and monitor speakers, to recordable media, as well as live broadcast. Sort of hectic, but satisfying if you don't mess up.
All else in life is pretty common. I mean most everyone can take a flea's eye out at 200 yards with a 30-06, right?

Old 10-22-10, 08:34 PM
Originally Posted by ecman51` View Post
Any tips to share?.....................
i already gave you the tip.

it took me months to figure it out. but once i did :wow:

Old 10-22-10, 10:09 PM
I mean most everyone can take a flea's eye out at 200 yards with a 30-06, right?
I can achieve a tight grouping on a paper target from a beginners distance. Not on the bullseye but.. close.

mjd2k your bicycle circus feats remind me of a time when I was hanging out with my friends jumping dirt hills. I couldn't sail up off the jumps for nothing like they could, pretty lame actually, but the first time I impulsively tried a handstand on the handle bars of my bike from standing still, I did it. Felt like second nature. Weird huh?

Tongue to nose? No thank you I prefer to be fancy and use a tissue.

Old 10-23-10, 05:56 AM
Of course I'm no match for one of our locals.....Eric England. 98 confirmed in Viet Nam. Mine's luck mostly, his is practice.

Old 10-23-10, 09:50 AM
"I impulsively tried a handstand on the handle bars of my bike from standing still,"

Wouldn't have tried that in a million years. I struggled to do a handstand for more than 15 seconds.

Old 10-23-10, 11:53 AM
i already gave you the tip.

it took me months to figure it out. but once i did :wow:
That's the tip?: Practice? Well, one can practice all the wrong way. Looking for specifics. Share your trial and error methods if you can. IMO, it's pretty sad when a grown man can't do a man whistle, if you know what I mean. I once worked for a boss that whistled at his crew that way, and i thought that boss was one tough embre'. But - Some girls can even do it. But when I hear THEM, do it, I say, "Now THAT is a real babe!"

Old 10-23-10, 12:07 PM
Anybody try to surf standing up, on a surf board? Looks easy, don't it?

Here is a hard trick: Try to thread a needle blindflolded. See how someone invented a needle, where now you can?

When you were a kid and could see good, ever try to walk around wearing someone's near-sighted glasses?

Anyone here ever try riding a unicycle. I wonder how long the person that CAN, took to master THAT feat? That seems like that be impossible. Like you are defying physics.

Some people are possessed to try things that seemingly are nutty and possibly life threatening, like wrestling a bear or alligator, boxing a kangaroo, handling giant constrictor snakes that are wrapping around them as they speak to the tv audience, or having bulls with horns come after them when on a teeter totter. Or deciding to be an airplane wing walker. Or tight-rope walking with no net between tall buildings and......... (that happened to the world's most famous tight-rope walker).

Old 10-23-10, 12:55 PM
Super Moderator
I can look at both sides of an argument and decide they are both incorrect and my solution is right.....lol.

Old 10-23-10, 01:40 PM
David, Karl Wallenda should have never gone out that day. Winds were predicted to be high, but he didn't want to disappoint the crowd, I guess.

Old 10-23-10, 02:10 PM
Of course I'm no match for one of our locals.....Eric England. 98 confirmed in Viet Nam. Mine's luck mostly, his is practice.
Larry - If you knew England than you've heard of Carlos Hathcock. A sharpshooter from Arkansas he was right up there with England for kills (93?). I had the honor of having a beer and tacos with Hathcock many years ago.

Old 10-23-10, 03:21 PM
Originally Posted by ecman51` View Post
That's the tip?: Practice? Well, one can practice all the wrong way. Looking for specifics. Share your trial and error methods if you can. IMO, it's pretty sad when a grown man can't do a man whistle, if you know what I mean. I once worked for a boss that whistled at his crew that way, and i thought that boss was one tough embre'. But - Some girls can even do it. But when I hear THEM, do it, I say, "Now THAT is a real babe!"
yep, thats the tip. but i had someone show me how to place my fingers.

i do it 2 ways, both are the same.

1 hand, thumb and middle finger tips touching (others moved out of the way).
now, roll your tongue up and place your fingernails on the bottom of the it.
now you have to wrap your lips around your fingers. this is where the practice comes in.
you have to "tune".

2 hand. index and middle fingers together, both hands, tips of fingers on bottom of tongue. as above. wrap lips and tune.

on a side note :

i used to have a buddy. this guy would let spit come out of his mouth, still attached. and it would hang down up to 12" and then he would suck it back into his mouth. and he could do that many times quickly !!! it was all i could do to not pee my pants, it was so funny !!!
i am sure the many beers i had drank had something to do with that. but still.

Old 10-23-10, 06:17 PM
Wayne, Eric still lives here in Blairsville, one town over from ours. He is quite a non-assuming character, just being himself.

Old 10-24-10, 01:44 PM
Originally Posted by Gunguy45 View Post
I can look at both sides of an argument and decide they are both incorrect and my solution is right.....lol.
Is your name Jason Lewis? I love his syndicated radio show. His is known as "Mr. Right".

Old 10-24-10, 01:48 PM
David, Karl Wallenda should have never gone out that day. Winds were predicted to be high, but he didn't want to disappoint the crowd, I guess.
I went pale when that happened. And I thought that might be the fate of Evel Kneivel when he was going to try to jump the Grand Canyon. The same gut wrenching feeling I had when I watched the Daytona 500 and saw Dale Earnhardt get killed. I keep thinking that David Blaine might do something over-the-top stupid also that might cost him.

Old 10-24-10, 02:11 PM
Originally Posted by Wayne Mitchell View Post
Larry - If you knew England than you've heard of Carlos Hathcock. A sharpshooter from Arkansas he was right up there with England for kills (93?). I had the honor of having a beer and tacos with Hathcock many years ago.
There are a few living legends today, a couple of whom I saw on tv demonstrating such stuff as shooting holes in tossed coins in the air and other such feats. And a guy reenacting the famous Robin Hood arrow splitting feat, and he did it.

Old 10-24-10, 02:14 PM
yep, thats the tip. but i had someone show me how to place my fingers.

i do it 2 ways, both are the same.

1 hand, thumb and middle finger tips touching (others moved out of the way).
now, roll your tongue up and place your fingernails on the bottom of the it.
now you have to wrap your lips around your fingers. this is where the practice comes in.
you have to "tune".

2 hand. index and middle fingers together, both hands, tips of fingers on bottom of tongue. as above. wrap lips and tune.

on a side note :

i used to have a buddy. this guy would let spit come out of his mouth, still attached. and it would hang down up to 12" and then he would suck it back into his mouth. and he could do that many times quickly !!! it was all i could do to not pee my pants, it was so funny !!!
i am sure the many beers i had drank had something to do with that. but still.
We'll be working on this. I mean the whistling - not the dangling spit thing.

Old 10-24-10, 04:52 PM
I can wiggle my ears and I do have double jointed thumbs.

Old 10-24-10, 11:14 PM
Ecman, surf standing up? Rented a surfboard in Hawaii about 30 years ago. Spent an entire day and could not get up once. Next day took a lesson. They had us crawl to a standing postion while on the sand. Went in the water and it worked every time.

Search this Thread