Let's ...Surf the Web!!

Old 11-01-10, 05:04 PM
Let's ...Surf the Web!!

I was just in the electrical forum and typed out a long, meticulous, yet somewhat articulate technical description of a wiring scenario that I wanted to ask help with. However my mouse has these two very redundant and accidentally pressable buttons on the side that you can use to navigate back or forward one web page. So...

I'll have to get back you guys on that one when I'm done customizing my mouse. Let's see where are those wire cutters...

Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-10, 03:40 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Yeah, I've got a wireless logitech mouse that has the scroll wheel customized to tilt right and left to go forward and backward. One twitch, and you've lost it all. I get into long tirades or descriptions, I will generally Control C before I post it. That way if I mess up, I can Control V to a new post box.

Old 11-02-10, 09:29 AM
If you are using Windows 7, instead of CTRL C and CTRL V, you right click with (at least in the case of laptops, the buttons under the touch screen to control the cursor.

Old 11-02-10, 02:51 PM
Ctrl c&v are shortcuts to copy and paste, not to control the cursor. I have my mouse set up that way. You can make the buttons do anything you want on the list. W7 is a little too artsy fartsy for me. My wife has it and it seems so "soft". I guess it will catch on and I'll probably have it one day.

Old 11-03-10, 08:14 AM
didn't have a choice, it came preloaded into my laptop.