TOO slow

Old 11-02-10, 03:46 PM
TOO slow

Not sure what the new software is, but it was horrible when first installed, now it is only terrible. Way too slow. I am 68, not enough time to be sitting waiting for the commercials to load. And I have 25meg high speed download.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-10, 04:00 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
It's pretty quick on my end using Firefox.

Old 11-02-10, 04:02 PM
Super Moderator
JB....what exactly are you talking about? The site?

They don't download anything to you...and there are ways to eliminate ads depending on what browser you are using. It's possible you have something else slowing you down....

I only have about a 10 meg speed and its just fine for me..

btw....why would you ever need 25meg? Lots of movies or something?

Old 11-02-10, 04:07 PM
I've currently have the fastest speed Cox offers, 25mbits I believe, and i can tell no noticeable difference between this and the slower speed 10-12mbs. I just happened to be rewarded with two free years of the highest speed.

Old 11-02-10, 05:32 PM
Super Moderator
It's been pretty fast on my end, and I have a slow DSL (I really need to upgrade)
Faster with Firefox, but not too bad in IE, either.

Old 11-02-10, 06:33 PM
Chrome here. it has been working fine for me.

for what i do on the net. if i had 1 meg, i would be happy.
but i have the comcast 3 play.

Old 11-03-10, 04:50 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
This site has been a little slower for me since the upgrade. I suspect it's more my old pc than anything else [maxed out at 1 gig ram] I haven't noticed any issues with commercials but I use the larger print so most of the ads are off to the right unseen :

My biggest complaint with the new format is it's not as easy to read as before

Old 11-03-10, 03:49 PM
All I can say is that this site takes much longer to navigate that any other. I get the bottom "loading" progressive signal, while I am watching the commercials load on the right side. Several seconds to get to hte next screen. DO NOT have this problem on any other site.

Old 11-03-10, 05:51 PM
If you reboot your computer, maybe it will speed up some, as it has for me.

But what is vexxing is why when you reply, to post with the quote, that sometimes the blue paragraphs comeup for quick reply - while other times, it first comes up as if it is going to the quick reply paragraph, only to reload and bring up the regular blank reply-to-post paragraph, that is larger.

BTW - if you are looking for a faster computer, go Chinese - a new high-speed world record, at something like 200 peta-flops (if I heard right) - is about 200 trillion calculations per second, I heard on the radio news the other day. NOW they should be able to forecast the weather, right?

Old 11-03-10, 06:49 PM
Marksr, it's called an eye exam and new glasses. Luckily my daughter and SIL are Doctors of Optometry. Hey, free exams and expensive glasses for cheap.

If you use Firefox, add in Ad Block Plus. eliminates all the advertising.

Old 11-06-10, 03:59 PM
The difference between 15M and 25M is negligible to the human brain, that is not the issue. I do not have this problem with any other site, including many contractor and DIY sites. The problem is here!!!. BUT, when I jumped on this morning, things were better forum to forum; but thread to forum was slow?????????? Still, better for me. Will wait and see.