How About A Bonus

Old 11-13-10, 06:47 PM
Group Moderator
How About A Bonus

While I respect the owners right to make the rules and understand at least some of the reasons couldn't a little relaxation of the rules for those posters have proven they can be trusted. Call it a reward for their contribution to the forum.

First reward would be no time limit on editing their posts. Sure we can request a mod to but why should a mod be bothered to add a forgotten comma or change "to" to "too".

Second would be allowing them to have a signature. Long time members still have signatures from when it was permitted so this wouldn't be much of a stretch.

The third would be to use avatars other then those hosted on the DIY server. Avatars are already permitted so this wouldn't really be new. If the people who chose to do this were required to use their own server it would not be an extra burden on the DIY servers. It should be easy to block the use of off site avatars on a per user basis if a particular user abused this.

I would suggest these things be instituted manually rather then automatically on a per person basis when requested so implementation would require minimal software changes. A user who say has 100 posts and no violations for at least a year could request the extra privileges from a mod.

Just a thought.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-10, 04:29 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
#1 - I agree! but it's been discussed before and no changes made You'd think it would be easy to implement but apparently not

#2 - at this time only mods have signatures. Some were including advertising in their signature line [mostly new members] so it's a case of a few spoiling it for the many

#3 - that's above my pay grade
what I know about programing a website wouldn't buy me an empty cup of coffee

Last edited by marksr; 11-14-10 at 05:04 AM. Reason: fix typo
Old 11-14-10, 05:01 AM
Super Moderator
I too agree that your suggestions make sense but unfortunately there is a bigger picture.
My belief is that the techs are stretched just making the basic functions work after the site upgrade(???) to the point that the moderators would be happy just to get the basic functions working as they use to.

Old 11-14-10, 02:52 PM
Group Moderator
Last edited by marksr; Today at 07:04 AM. Reason: fix typo
But I'm not a mod so I am not allowed to even fix my own typos. Proves my point.

Old 11-14-10, 03:12 PM
Super Moderator
Well...you can to a point..I think an hour? If you want..just tell me.... heck..I'm here all day.

Old 11-14-10, 05:09 PM
Group Moderator
Originally Posted by Gunguy45 View Post
Well...you can to a point..I think an hour? If you want..just tell me.... heck..I'm here all day.
4 hours but sometimes I don't notice that quickly or get back to the forum soon enough. Thanks for the offer.

Old 11-14-10, 05:33 PM
who owns this place anyway ?

Old 11-14-10, 05:55 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by condo-owner View Post
who owns this place anyway ?
Internet Brands ......................

Old 11-15-10, 03:48 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Ray, I wouldn't have been able to fix my typo had I waited too long. Topic mods only have 'special' powers [] in the topics that they moderate. The group and super mods are the ones that can moderate across the forums, of course along with those extra privileges comes more responsibility - spelled HEADACHES

Old 11-15-10, 06:30 AM
Group Moderator
Yeah, while it would be nice to have posts open for edits indefinitely, coming back to a legit post later to insert spam is a common tactic by spammers, that's why there's a time limit

If it's really important to edit a post, contact the topic mods for that forum, they have open edit on all posts

Search this Thread