Canadian Superbowl

Old 11-27-10, 10:52 AM
Canadian Superbowl

Tomorrow my Saskatchewan Roughriders vs the Montreal Alouettes. One of the biggest events of the year up here.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-10, 02:03 AM
We lost. Gave it a good shot though. The Rider Nation is a bit down.

Old 11-29-10, 04:31 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I was going to comment, but momma always said if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all. What kind of sport is it? Round ball, little round ball, football, puck chucking???

Old 11-30-10, 09:02 AM
You're funny Chandler!!! I know you are kidding because of course you know its the Grey Cup. The final of the Canadian Football League. East vs West. 60k-70k in the seats and millions watching on TV. Its a great Canadian tradition. I promise that you have met or know someone that is a Rider fan. I have never worn Rider stuff in the states, Washington, Arizona, Florida, New York, California, Utah, etc, without someone coming up to me to talk Riders. As Rider Priders say "we walk among you".

Old 11-30-10, 01:14 PM
Guess I'll have to bone up on CFL stuff. I am truly sorry if I offended you, but I don't even follow SEC football and I live only a few miles from UGA. Little round ball, that's what counts. Take care!!

Old 11-30-10, 01:24 PM
Super Moderator
Little round ball? Larry...I didn't know you were a tennis fan? Seems kinda outa character.....lol.

Old 11-30-10, 08:18 PM
Sheesh, I'm not even close to offended. Its all good fun to joke about sports and our teams!

Old 12-01-10, 04:12 AM
Vic, you know tennis isn't a man sport......better not say that, had I? It just came out. I mean, they wear shorts for goodness sake! Cute little sweat bands on their wrists! I'm getting in trouble, ain't I? Clarification - little round ball=baseball! Tennis is good. There, I redeemed myself.

Old 12-01-10, 04:57 PM
Little round ball is obviously golf.

Old 12-02-10, 03:54 AM
Hit a ball, chase it 200 yards, hit it again, into something similar to Sarasota beach sand (aka powdered sugar -- TG would know), the ball wins......and you have to use red balls at that, or you'll lose them in the snow!!

Old 12-02-10, 09:55 PM
Mjd2k:

Truth is, the only people who cared who won the Grey Cup live in Montreal (or Quebec) and Saskatchewan. That's because everyone else was out of the running.

Here in Winnipeg, it's the mighty Blue Bombers that rule Football. We have hudreds, maybe even a thousand) fans that park for a half mile or more around the stadium and walk the rest of the way to watch the game. But, bottom line is that even a professional Canadian CFL team pales in comparison to any American NFL team. That's because as a player in the CFL, you can't afford a second pair of shoes, whereas even the lowliest players in the NFL drive Porches.

I'd love to see the CFL on the same level as the NFL, but that's simply not the reality of the situation. Canadian cities simply can't afford to support a football team that can compete in the NFL. So, instead we compete for the Grey Cup rather than compete in the Superbowl.

Congrats Allouettes. Better luck next time, Stampeders.

I don't care what anyone says, I like watching the Grey Cup final and semi-final games. I'm more Canadian than I am a football fan. Otherwise I'd be watching American football on TV. But I freely admit that when I do watch the Superbowl, it's mostly for the $1,000,000 commercials that air during half time. Those can be great, to both American and Canadian audiences.

Old 12-04-10, 04:24 PM
Hey Nestor, I know only us Canucks have heard of the Grey Cup or even the Stanley Cup for that matter. We do Cups, they do Bowls.

I just post these mainly in jest. I am hoping it makes the Yanks scratch their heads and come back with some ribbing (only Chandler bit but then he apologized! ). No doubt every CFLer wants to be in the NFL. In all honesty, the CFL is a better product but its doesn't have the best players. Three downs, wider, longer field, far less time to play a game. Now if we could get the NFL to adopt those rules, they would actually have a product worth watching. I do watch quite a bit of nfl. Tough not to. They have lots of storylines to keep up on. Favre, TO, your favorite Jon Ryan etc.