Merry christmas to all!!

Old 12-25-10, 04:20 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Merry christmas to all!!

The title is my whole message! Hope it is a good one!

Sponsored Links
Old 12-25-10, 07:22 AM
Group Moderator
You too! And the same goes for everybody else on the forum!

Old 12-25-10, 07:24 AM
Merry Christmas folks

Old 12-26-10, 11:38 AM
First white Christmas in nearly 2 decades here. After about 8" of global warming on the ground, I'm ready for a change. Made for a very pretty Christmas.
The power steering pump on my only 4WD vehicle broke, so I had to take my wife to work in her Volvo...cute.
Had guests check in to the cabin for the weekend. Didn't plan on a power outage for 24 hours. Glad they had a fireplace and plenty of wood up there. No complaints. They said it was like camping.
We live so far off the nearest state highway, they laugh at you when you mention sand or scraping, so we're on our own.
Guy was supposed to bring load of firewood two weeks ago. I think I'll text him wishing him a "warm" Christmas.....
I do hope everyone had a great Christmas and look forward to a prosperous New Year.

Old 12-26-10, 01:57 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
We get snow occasionally on Christmas but I don't remember this much snow
We still haven't got rid of all the snow from several weeks ago Currently my driveway has about a half an inch of ice covered with 5-6" snow. We shipped our Christmas celebration over to one of the kid's house. Not quite the same as being home but at least nobody complained about my driveway

All and all it beat last year's Christmas day - power went out about 7:30 am and stayed off until about 11 pm. Just snow this year......but I thought tenn was still part of the south

Old 12-26-10, 02:21 PM
You must be on Blue Ridge Mountain EMC like me.

Old 12-26-10, 02:38 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Naw, not quite. I'm not sure exactly where the blue ridge ends on the western side but we're probably a few hills away. Don't lack much being in part of the cherokee national forest. I've always thought snow was pretty but I like it a whole lot more when it just comes for a few days and then leaves!!

Old 12-26-10, 02:43 PM
Yeah, we're up against the Chattahoochee national forest on the north, just above the cabin. Nice, no one can build up there. Snow is pretty, but I'm like you.....snow today and let me get out tomorrow. Getting dark and I've got to pick up wife from work (hospital). Told her to spend the night, but noooooo!!

Old 12-26-10, 02:51 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
My wife usually goes in and stays for several days [around the clock care] but if she was home, she'd consider us snowed in. I would have went to church this morning but I've been fighting a cold for the last 10 days, don't want to spread it to anyone [but I am willing for anyone to take it off my hands ] and if I'm going to travel .3 mile driveway on the side of hill with 7 turns [2 switchbacks] I prefer to have a clear head

I might have to venture out tuesday if I can't shed this cold - almost out of nyquil and will run out of dayquil tomorrow ...... but they are calling for 50 degree temps by next weekend

Old 12-26-10, 03:48 PM
Well she is having a total minimally invasive hip replacement on Tuesday in Gainesville, so I'll pick her up tomorrow (talked her into staying the night) and we'll go on down toward warmer weather and stay in Holiday Inn. Going down the mountain isn't bad, but up is another story. Surgery is 7am, so she has to be there at 0545, too early to try to drive down the mountain in the early morning not knowing what to expect. I'll have to negotiate Blood Mountain, but hopefully the DOT will have cleared it somewhat by afternoon.
Our church has a robo call system that called everyone off this morning. Pretty efficient.
Maybe this stuff will be gone by the time we get back on Wednesday.

Search this Thread