Hello from NJ

Old 04-26-11, 02:10 PM
Hello from NJ

My name is Sal and I live in central NJ. I am a retired Teamster (28.5 years with UPS) and a former basketball coach and I like to fix things. I was a shop rat all through junior high and high school and enjoyed working on my car before you had to be an MIT grad. Last year I helped remodel my father's house and got the bug again. I've been haunting Lowes and Home Depot restocking my tool chest. I hope to re-learn a lot and possibly contribute some.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-11, 02:17 PM
Super Moderator
Welcome Sal...
This is one of the best sites for DIY help you'll find. Please read the rules and enjoy browsing through the past posts. You'd be amazed what you can find about almost anything.

Old 04-26-11, 03:46 PM
Hi Sal and another welcome,
Spent a few years on the Jersey shore, worked in Holmdel and lived in Brick. I guess either of those might be considered central.

Bud

Old 04-26-11, 04:20 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Another welcome, Sal. We have a vast knowledge base here so if you need help, or can offer help, dive in. Many friendships are created here....we joke with each other a lot.....we cross each other on opinions, too, but that's what it is all about.
Spent the night in Jersey a long time ago.....Elizabeth......Holiday Inn......concertina wire outside my window.....prison yard beyond. Great! Love the south!!

Old 04-26-11, 04:24 PM
Larry, that probably wasn't a prison yard, maybe a school or church.

Bud

Old 04-26-11, 06:12 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
That's some tough schools and churches up there, then, with concertina wire all around. Eerie.

Old 04-27-11, 05:37 AM
Just kidding, but there are stories I could tell. It's like walking through central park at night in NYC and getting mugged. People don't complain about the mugger as much as they call the victim an idiot. When my house was broken into and I went door to door to see if any of my neighbors had seen anything, my backdoor neighbor asked why I was so upset, it was just my first robbery. He said everyone was wondering who I was connected to as they had all been hit several times and I was being left alone. I'm drifting too much, but NJ is a different world.

Bud

Old 04-27-11, 08:15 AM
Thanks for the welcome guys. My four years in the Air Force taught me every state has it's good and bad points. Well, except for SC (Wonder bread, tomato soup and Kraft American cheese is NOT pizza ). I was born in Elizabeth, back in the last century. It has changed a lot since.
This forum has an amazing amount of information. It's going to take a while just to see the whole place. I just got back from Lowes where I picked up a Porter Cable 12v Clamp Saw, so between reading here and playing with that, I have a busy day ahead. Being retired is good.