Bin Laden Killed

Old 05-02-11, 02:40 AM
Bin Laden Killed

I was watching HBO last night so I missed the whole thing. Good news.

I keep hearing this morning that "according to Islamic tradition, he has been buried at sea". What? Not sure I understand that.

US forces were in the compound for 40 minutes, only 35 miles north of the capitol. Should be interesting when all the details come out on this raid.

Osama, SEA ya!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-11, 05:35 AM
The burial is in accordance with Muslim traditions of burying the body within 24 hours. According to news reports an at sea burial will ensure that his burying place won't be turned into a shrine for Jihadists. I heard that there is a photo of OBL with a third eye just a bit left of center.

How about a Bravo Zulu for the pros that took him out, the CIA for developing the intelligence to make the raid possible and the interrogators at GITMO for obtaiing the information that eventually located him.

Old 05-02-11, 06:59 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I'm not going political, here, but just how do you think that intel was gathered at GITMO? Casual beer parties??? Heck, no, bottom line, we got it.

Old 05-02-11, 02:47 PM
I always felt that bin Laden was too important to the ongoing War on Terror for the government to ever acknowledge his death or capture. I also felt the President took too much personal credit for the action.

Old 05-02-11, 07:44 PM
chandler
I'm not going political, here, but.....
Tsk tsk Larry.

I also felt the President took too much personal credit for the action.
Well...I don't know about that. Now, if he had emerged from a sub, came to the mic soaking wet whilst flopping along in his swim fins and scuba gear, then maybe I'd agree with you. Or maybe landing on....never mind.

Anyway, I listened to a lady on one of the afternoon programs who lost her sister in one of the towers and she hit the nail on the head. She said she was just happy that the last thing Osama remembered was looking at the barrels of US soldier's guns. RIGHT ON!!