Space Bags

Old 05-30-11, 10:23 PM
Space Bags

I am in need of more storage space, I guess like most people. My question is do real space bags really work. About five years ago, I bought some store brain space bags, they didn't work. You vacuum them out they looked good, then a few days later the air was back in them

Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-11, 10:58 PM
I bought some several years ago, Space Bag brand. I keep pillows in mine and just now checking they are still collapsed.

Old 05-31-11, 03:58 AM
Group Moderator
I don't know what brand they are, but my wife was on a closet rampage a while back and filled some of them; still holding and I don't think she paid a lot for them.

Old 05-31-11, 04:39 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Just thinking out loud.....wonder if it would keep freezer burn off a deer or elk quarter? Hey, no air, no freezer burn.

Old 05-31-11, 09:02 PM
Now I know these bags work, but those vacuum machine are a little pricey. But I don't think they make regular freezer bags big enough. But they do for roast, and stuff like that. And if you don't cut to much off to open the bag, you can get a few uses out of them. And you don't have to get a good electric one either. My neighbor got a hand pump one from wal-mart, that works just as good for 15 bucks, just not as fast.

Old 06-01-11, 07:01 AM
Thanks for the fast reply. I will just stay away from the store bran and only get a few to start. The reviews I have read were fifty fifty, but this post seem to be more positive. When I store them, I will make sure I can get to the vacuum valve, in case they fill back up.