Profiles

Old 07-12-11, 12:30 PM
Profiles

When will people learn to read? I see many instances in profiles of posters using the same info for "country" and "county". There is a difference.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-11, 01:54 PM
I wish that people would actually fill out the address portion rather than leaving it at the default USA.

Old 07-12-11, 02:00 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Ken your profile, like mine lists Tn as your country. Awhile back they made some changes to the forums that messed up the profiles. You can click on someones profile and get the info [providing they filled out correctly] but if the profile is filled out correctly - it will just show USA as your location on the top right of your posts. I think the older members location got switched to 'country' when they updated the site. Sometimes 'new and improved' isn't

Old 07-12-11, 02:32 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I think after the glitch that no one cares about except us, I went back and altered mine to where the right information shows that I want. I put Young Harris, GA USA in the "country" slot. I agree, if the program was correct, I think a lot more information would correct itself. I look at profiles on almost every newbie before I answer, just to make sure they aren't from Hoboken, Israel

Old 07-13-11, 05:05 AM
Fixed

I corrected mine. I hope it is legal now. Thanks, guys.

Old 07-13-11, 05:12 AM
Group Moderator
All this time I thought Hoboken was in New Jersey.

Old 07-13-11, 04:08 PM
Ken, you had yours right to begin with, I think. Now it just shows USA. We know that, already.
And for those who don't know, Tennessee has 3 states, thus the configuration on their flag. East Tennessee is a big place.

Old 07-13-11, 05:12 PM
Group Moderator
I think all the required info in our profiles is unnecessary and a bit intrusive. I'm sure it's so they can somehow harvest our information and sell it to some marketing firm so as to make a profit. Aren't the incessant Google ads enough???

Old 07-13-11, 05:37 PM
Group Moderator
Originally Posted by XSleeper View Post
I think all the required info in our profiles is unnecessary and a bit intrusive. I'm sure it's so they can somehow harvest our information and sell it to some marketing firm so as to make a profit. Aren't the incessant Google ads enough???
Well if you live in New York City you will get different electrical help then if you live 20 miles outside Mayberry.

The issue has been refereed to management more then once by the mods but it seems to be a tricky problem to solve.

Old 07-14-11, 03:50 AM
Originally Posted by ray2047 View Post
tricky problem to solve.
Tricky?? It's called job security for IT people. Most can solve things like this blindfolded, asleep and drunk. The simplest things, like the time thingy a while back, can be solved relatively easy, but there are more priorities than the day to day operation of things. Think back a few years....this problem did not exist. THEN someone made a change. Some changes aren't reversible (like from life to death), but these are.
Thanks for the update, Ray.

Old 07-14-11, 06:28 AM
Group Moderator
I actually filled in all three blanks with the same info so it wouldn't mater how it displayed it would be the same.

Search this Thread