Package Delivery Services

Old 07-14-11, 06:41 PM
Package Delivery Services

This rag is about Package Delivery Services.

I purchased an item mail order and it was defective. After several back-and-forth E-mails the company agreed to have a Package Delivery Service Company come pick up the defective item.

So I awaken around 7AM. I suppose I should have taken my morning dump, showered and gotten dressed but I normally don't move that quickly in the morning. I figured that the Package Delivery Service driver would be around sometime before 10 since he came at 8:20 originally (while I was asleep) and then around 9:30 the next day.

Nope. As of 5:23 PM still no sign of the driver so I sent a nastygram to the company asking them to issue a shipping voucher so I could take the package to the Package Delivery Service Company depot that is only three miles away. Then I finally go to take my dump (long overdue) and my shower. Well, guess what. Here I am stark naked and there is a pounding on the door along with the doorbell ringing off the wall. After rinsing off and putting on some clothes I look and there is a xxxx tag on the door.

Now I'm retired but that doesn't mean that I have nothing to do but to sit next to my door for ten friggin' hours waiting to see if some delivery person is coming or not. I mean, even the telephone and cable TV companies are willing to make appointments within a two to four hour window. Now what do I do about tomorrow? I'll be damned if I'm going to wait yet another full day just in case someone is going to come to pick up this package.

Last edited by Forum Monitor; 07-15-11 at 03:58 AM. Reason: Removal of a specific package delivery company name
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-11, 07:11 PM
Group Moderator
Couldn't you have left the package on the front/side/back step? That is what I do and is also what drivers do with my orders they drop off.

Otherwise getting a label from the company and dropping it off is a good option.

Old 07-15-11, 03:22 AM
Admin Emeritus
LMAO....HA HA HA

Why didn't you leave the driver a note on the door?????

Dear Sirs:

"Kindly excuse me if I do not answer the door in the early AM's. I am rather busy during this early AM time taking a 'DUMP." Then shaving just before showering." Kindly excuse me for not leaving the package at the front door like almost everyone else does. Realizing you cannot wait around just for me, would you and/or could you return later this afternoon? That you be very kind of you to do so. Sincerely and Thanks. Furd.

Last edited by Forum Monitor; 07-15-11 at 04:00 AM.
Old 07-15-11, 07:12 AM
The delivery service may come at ANY TIME between 7 AM and 7 PM. Not everyone lives in Mayberry and leaving packages on the door step is not the smartest thing to do. That's at least one reason why the delivery services require a person to sign for packages.

Today I DID leave a note, I'll see what happens.

Old 07-15-11, 11:29 AM
Not knowing just how things work out there, but wouldn't it be less stressful to just drive 3 miles and give it to them?

Old 07-15-11, 01:30 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
That's OK Furd, it happens in Mayberry, too. I had researched the delivery schedule of my new laser level via the brown carrier, and KNEW it was to be delivered on a Friday (yep between 7a and 7p) I got home at 530 and no package. Blood pressure rising. Contact brown and they show it "delivered". To whom and where? Don't think anyone would want to negotiate my driveway, one way in and one way out to steal anything, hopefully. They said something about "Hardin". That was the commercial contractor I was working for at the local College. The brown driver knew I was working on site, and delivered it to the GC's office, rather than coming up the mountain (small town USA). Luckily I had it on Saturday when I needed it!

Old 07-15-11, 03:05 PM
Originally Posted by Baldwin View Post
Not knowing just how things work out there, but wouldn't it be less stressful to just drive 3 miles and give it to them?
Of course it would, that's what am trying to do but evidently the company has directed FedEx to come pick up the package. I don't want to pay the return freight on something that is defective. If it had just been a matter of my not liking it I would eat the delivery charge and the return charge.

Old 07-15-11, 03:16 PM
Chandler, I get much better service from UPS. I know that they will be in my neighborhood between 3:30 and 6 PM (generally right around 5PM) and they almost never require a signature and IF they do they are willing to accept a signature card left at the door.

FedEx however might come at any time and this week they first came at 8:30 AM on Monday (the one hour I was asleep that day), the next day at about 9:30 AM, on Thursday at 6:13 PM and as of 3:10 PM today I am still waiting. FedEx also required an IN PERSON signature to release this package so I'm a little hesitant about not having a confirmation that they did actually pick it up.

It is further complicated by the fact that a few years ago they moved their package handling to a single regional facility rather than several district facilities. The station three miles away is still a FedEx station (not a contract operation in a Kinko's) but they no longer have deliveries from this station. I used to go there to pick up packages on a regular basis but now I would have to drive 50 miles.

Old 07-15-11, 03:28 PM
Super Moderator
I understand the feeling..

Our delivery is pretty regular...but on a few occasions when I needed to find a place to mail something back...I could go the the actual facility out at the airport (yes we have a tiny one)...but it's only open for 2 hrs a day...early morning and mid afternoon and its about 15 miles round trip.

If I go to an Authorized Partner...it's always a hassle. They don't even offer the insurance unless they pack it!

We have a few drop boxes around...but why should I have to deal with that for a wrong or defective item?

Old 07-15-11, 04:27 PM
I always make sure the shipper gives me a RA and faxes me a return label. That way all I do is either drop it in THE drop box next to the bank or give it to one of the drivers. I also have the cell phone number of the brown driver, now, so there won't be any mis steps in delivery.
Postal carrier has my cell phone number so he calls me to find out where I'm working and drops large packages off so he doesn't have to go offroad too much.

Old 07-15-11, 05:08 PM
Well, here's the latest. I just checked and there was another door tag on my door but no time listed. I was home and not more than twenty feet from the door during the time the driver must have left the tag. HE DIDN'T EVEN RING THE DOORBELL! He left a note on my note stating, "Call tag is pick up only!"

What more can I do? I've been home every single time they have come around, the first time I was asleep, the second time I was able to answer the door as the person was leaving, the third time I was naked and the fourth time they didn't even try ringing the bell or knocking.

Old 07-15-11, 05:12 PM
Super Moderator
Gee you guys are worried about package pick up...LOL. My local UPS guy seems to be in my development 3 times a day. It seems he is friendly with the wife because he delivers the same route where she works. Since he knows us we always get fast, on time, personal service. He will come back a couple times in the day to deliver if we are not home the wife says......................??????????????????????????

Hey!!! Wait a minute!!!....... now that I think of it, we never really get any packages......And all my kid dont look like me.............................

DOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just joking "honey", if your reading this.

Mike NJ

Old 07-15-11, 10:07 PM
Yeah, my second son was born wearing brown shorts and a brown hat even though it was January.

Old 07-15-11, 10:11 PM
What more can I do?
In the morning get in your car and drive 3 miles and give it to them. They obviously have your name and address on file as they've been to your house numerous times. Have them scan it, it must be in their system, and away it goes.

Old 07-16-11, 05:10 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Originally Posted by chandler View Post
Don't think anyone would want to negotiate my driveway, one way in and one way out ..... ....... and delivered it to the GC's office, rather than coming up the mountain (small town USA).
We have 3 UPS drivers where I live, 1 always makes it up my driveway [once in a light snow]1 leaves the package with my neighbor and the other returns it to the shop and says it's undeliverable Best I can remember, FedEx has always delivered to my door. I don't remember the name of the company [they were big for a short while] with the yellow trucks but I heard that one of their drivers tried to bring their van up my road, got scared, started to back down and ran off the road. I was told by my neighbor [who had the package] that it took over an hour for the wrecker to come and winch the van back onto my driveway - all I saw was the skid marks.

Old 07-16-11, 03:31 PM
Sucess!

No, Baldwin, I didn't take it to the depot but waited until the driver came.

Turned out the driver (a younger woman) didn't know how to push a doorbell button and her knock was so quiet that had I been any farther from the door or had any kind of background noise (television or the like) I would have never heard it. That explains why I didn't hear her yesterday as I had been watching the television.

I wasn't very nice to her and told her I was very upset with her company. I hope she didn't cry when she got back to the truck.

Old 07-16-11, 04:36 PM
Probably has to deal with crotchety old guys all day long, and didn't faze her. Just another brick in the wall.
Bet she knocks next time, though

Old 07-16-11, 06:54 PM
All's well that ends well.

Old 07-17-11, 07:43 AM
Originally Posted by lawrosa View Post

hey!!! Wait a minute!!!....... Now that i think of it, we never really get any packages......and all my kid dont look like me.............................
lol ..............................................

Old 07-17-11, 07:46 AM
i received a package this sunday morning :WOW:

Search this Thread