Has he really been reduced to this.....?

Old 07-19-11, 10:28 AM
Group Moderator
Has he really been reduced to this.....?

Any of you other sports fans seen the latest commercial with Jimmy Johnson (the footbabll Johnson)???

Question: If you were Jimmy Johnson, how much would they have to pay you to shill for a "natural male enhancement" product?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-11, 01:33 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
I've seen those commercials, they've been around for awhile..... maybe he didn't get a good retirement package

..... I suspect for a big enough [pun intended ] check I'd endorse the product - not that anyone would care if I did

Old 07-19-11, 04:21 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Everyone has to be somewhere!! I'd just choose to be hawking something my mother would have approved of....know what I mean? Dante sold his soul to the devil, so there may be parallels here. I'd do just so much for the sake of money.

Old 07-19-11, 04:27 PM
Group Moderator
I was thinking with a name like "Johnson".........

Old 07-19-11, 04:31 PM
Originally Posted by chandler View Post
Everyone has to be somewhere!! I'd just choose to be hawking something my mother would have approved of....know what I mean? Dante sold his soul to the devil, so there may be parallels here. I'd do just so much for the sake of money.
I think you mean Mephistopheles, not Dante. Or maybe it's Faust?

Old 07-19-11, 07:35 PM
Furd, you're right, it was Faust. Got my literary mind and normal mind crossed up. Thinking of Dante's literary work Divine Comedy, describing Hell, Purgatory and Paradise. ENOUGH, literary mind!! Go to sleep!!!

Old 07-19-11, 08:03 PM
Gah, it's been way too long. Mephistopheles was Faust's guide.

I love The Divine Comedy. I took a college class on the Inferno from a professor of literature and romance languages. He was a native Italian and when he read in Italian a person could REALLY understand the beauty in Dante's work, it was just musical.

Old 07-20-11, 03:34 AM
Italians claim it to be the best literary work of all time. Not that it helps Jimmy Johnson and his sell out.
I had a Old Testament professor who was American, but was a missionary to a Spanish speaking culture for many years. Quite often the lectures would start off in English and digress to Spanish because he was comfortable with it. Hands would fly up all across the room.

Search this Thread