Good customer service

Old 07-20-11, 07:48 AM
Super Moderator
Good customer service

We hear so often about the bad ones...so I had to relate this.

Bought a 2 gal RL Flowmaster pump up sprayer back in the spring...just for spraying weeds in the gravel yard and alley. It seemed that the carry/pump handle would pop out of the locked position awfully easy so I finally DIY'd it and ground the notches in the pump assy a little deeper with my dremel...no more than a 1/16 or so, just enough to give it a better "hook" to latch into. Much of it was just the "flash" from the molding process. Ahhh...sweet success....for about 3 months.

It only was used that way about 3 times, but when I went to use it last week, first one, then the other locking tabs cracked off.

Well shoot...no way to repair that!

Finally called the Cust Serv line yesterday, explained the issue and that I had smoothed the hooks to prevent the unlatching. Asked me what model, how long I'd had it, and my address.....shipping me a new pump assy today. No receipt, no hassle about modifications....just a simple "It shouldn't have done that in the first place".

I was so pleased I told them I'd post it on a Website I help out with...so here it is.

I do have to say...the Roundup branded one I bought last month to use for insect control has a much better locking design...but it's only a 1 gal and it cost $3 more than the Flomaster.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-11, 09:35 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
For the most part when I've had an issue with a new tool and contacted the customer service number - they were both courteous and helpful....... it's the small part of the time when you get all those automated responses - that's what drives you up the wall

Old 07-20-11, 06:57 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Ditto, here. I have a Ridgid double hotdog compressor. Had switch problems and took it back to big orange 3 times in a year. Finally I contacted Ridgid customer service. Lady took my serial number and informed me it had "never been back for warranty work", to which I questioned, because I knew I took it back. She said not to worry, and how handy was I. Basically could I change out the switch myself. Sure, not rocket science. She sent me 2 switches. Naturally when you get or buy more than one, you'll never use the second one, which I haven't in 2 years!! Nice ending.