Who thought this up?

Old 09-09-11, 09:03 AM
Super Moderator
Who thought this up?

Have seen a few ads for this....University of Maryland University College.

Seriously? Thats like starting the College of the University of College, at University College.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-11, 09:12 AM
Group Moderator
I was always taught a College was a school and a University was a group of colleges - like the University of XXXXX with its College of Business, College of Agriculture,....

University of Maryland University College sounds like it could be preparing you to work for the Redundancy Department of Redundancy.

Old 09-09-11, 10:08 AM
Group Moderator
How about something like this:

PHUHS Administrators

Fairly new high school back up in my home county; always looks funny when I read an article that contains their name.

Old 09-09-11, 10:55 AM
Super Moderator
University HS? WTH? Do they think putting an extra educational institute name in somehow makes it better?

I guess if you graduate...you can just drop the HS part and say "I graduated from Palm Harbor University...woo hoo!"

Old 09-09-11, 12:56 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Many teachers cant teach and many students do not want to learn, but at least they can say they were in an impressive sounding school.

Beats Hamburger High.

Old 09-09-11, 02:30 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Like near here, North Georgia College and State University. Whaa??? Why change it from Georgia Military Academy? It is rated #3 in the nation right behind West Point and some other school....Oh, Virginia Military Academy. I guess they had to open their doors to those not inclined to pursue military careers, but why the redundant name. My wife takes classes there, and I just wonder how big the diploma will have to be to get the entire name on it?
Like my alma mater, William Carey College, now William Carey University. Same thing, just different. I do see Mitch's comments true, though, instead of a sleepy college back in the 60's, it has "sub" colleges all over south Mississippi, so attaining University status must take a lot of venturing out.

Old 09-09-11, 02:32 PM
Group Moderator
Sounds like someone the Nebraska Cornhuskers should put on their football schedule for next year.

LOL

Old 09-09-11, 03:35 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
And we even won NAIA national championship in baseball in 1969, but that was last century

Old 09-10-11, 06:59 AM
Super Moderator
btw Larry....I think you meant VA Military Institute.......