Xpress ready set go

Old 10-08-11, 07:31 PM
Xpress ready set go

For months my kids bugged me for ready set go cooker. I told them no way I was going to pay that kind of shipping. The shipping was more then the unit it self. Then one day I came across it in a store, for a good price. Now I am wondering if I got a bad, or if it is faults advertizing. Cooking time, at least on mine, is at least twice as long as it is suppose. Is mine defective, or is that the way they are. The first night I had it, I tried to make a omlet. After 10 minutes, I scrapped in the garbage, and got out a frying pan.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-11, 09:59 AM
Group Moderator
Only got 2 1/2 stars on Amazon. This is not a very good rating nor are the reviews very good. As with some appliances, you might have to test to see what works in them. However, I have a feeling that is just the way they are.

Old 10-09-11, 10:07 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I went to their website. 2 easy payments of $19.95. I like my George Foreman better. In the advertisement the lady at the bottom doesn't look like she pushed back from the table often enough so how healthy is it?
I use a Waring belgium waffle maker. Love it!! They break every year almost to the date printed on the bottom of the unit. Waring replaces them without question, but, gee, wouldn't you think some engineer would notice you put heating elements adjacent to plastic parts that are only held together with metal screws, something has to give???? It's our "throw away" society, I guess.

Old 10-09-11, 02:28 PM
I got a waffle maker, I bought it from sears. My parents had the same one for many years, used at least once a week, and more when we would flip the plates and make grill cheese. I guess you get what you pay for. I love it for burgers, you don't need to flip the burgers, and the grease runs out the side spout. Just don't forget to put something under it. I just wish the xpress work as advertized.

Old 10-09-11, 02:32 PM
Chandler, what breaks every, the waffle maker or the George Foreman. I have been looking at those George Foreman.

Old 10-09-11, 04:58 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Oh, no, George works fine every time!!! It's the Waring Waffle maker that breaks yearly.

Old 10-09-11, 06:04 PM
Oh, no, George works fine every time!!!
I'll say....doesn't he have like 4 lil Georges?

Seriously, I have one and it works fine. I use it mostly in the winter when I don't feel like firing up the weber. Although a bit of a pain to clean between the grooves I think it is well worth the money.

Old 10-09-11, 09:37 PM
That is what I have heard, all his kids are named George, 1,2,3,4

Old 10-10-11, 05:41 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Originally Posted by Edward074 View Post
I have been looking at those George Foreman.
We bought the B&D version of the George Foreman grill over 5 yrs ago and it works great. I don't remember the price but it was significantly cheaper

Search this Thread