The Marvel of Children

Old 10-25-11, 08:49 AM
The Marvel of Children

Funny how some children see thing we don't
Back in the Summer, my 5 year old granddaughter walked over to my home and asked if I could fix her swimming pool?
I stopped what I was doing and went with her to check on the problem. The small 4' diameter plastic pool had a couple of large cracks and a small piece missing.
I went into my daughter's home and asked if she had an empty milk carton to use for the repair.
She emptied a carton and my granddaughter and I went back out to make the repair using some plastic glue.
My granddaughter asked why we couldn't use some of that "grey tape"
I went to my garage and the pool was repaired instantly with Duct Tape
It was well worth the hug and kiss she gave me

Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-11, 09:18 AM
Group Moderator
I think the best part of this is how she has easy access to grampa and sought you out with a problem. My daughter spends a lot of time with my parents in an attempt to create the same situation.

Old 10-25-11, 01:20 PM
Ah yes, grand-daughters. Here's mine a couple years ago. She is a holy terror now.

http://s25.photobucket.com/albums/c98/Oriley/?action=view&current=MaggieOw.mp4

Old 10-25-11, 01:37 PM
Super Moderator
Ahhhh Giles, she sounds like the next generation of DIY members.

Old 10-25-11, 03:50 PM
Group Moderator
And it sounds like she is a good problem solver!

Funny vid Baldwin!

Old 10-25-11, 07:46 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
They are indeed intuitive! We were in Charleston last weekend and all 6 grandkids were there (even the ones from Denver). Nice wx so I was wearing shorts. Since I have had both knees replaced (and the left one done by a monkey with a chainsaw), the scar isn't exemplary. My youngest pounced into the room and told me "that scar is too tight", which left me dumbfounded to think she could care about such things. But they do, believe me.

Old 10-25-11, 07:56 PM
Group Moderator
I like how the Bible compares children to arrows in the quiver of a warrior. (Ps 127:4,5)

Just like an arrow, they need skillful direction (from their parents and grandparents) to hit the "target".

Old 10-25-11, 07:58 PM
Kids Say The Darndest Things was a great show. Now we have Dancing With The Stars. Geezz.

Old 10-25-11, 08:09 PM
This grand daughter was the first of eight--she is now 16, and still remembers many things we did together. Sometime she laughs and says "almost anything can be fixed with duct tape, glue or wire With all my grand children, I am never too busy to pay attention to them---something that I wasn't always able to do with my three children

Old 10-26-11, 04:32 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
I know what you mean. When our kids were young we were too busy tiring to eek out a living.... but now we get to do some of the things we missed doing with our kids. I can see all the things that our grandson's parents do wrong but if I think about - is it much different than what we did?

One of the best things about grandkids - when we get tired, it's usually time for them to go home!