New. Introduction.......

Old 10-29-11, 02:11 PM
New. Introduction.......

Hey guys, I didnt see a forum for introductions, so I thought I would introduce my self here in General.

I am a forum buff and this one seems to be well rounded and covers pretty well almost everything I can help with and learn more from, as well as areas that I have know nothing about and stand to learn a great deal from.

All aspects of anything automotive has always been an interest of mine that probably stemmed from growing up next door to a shop, so I will be able to help in a lot of those areas, as well as the pet forum. Recently my wife, my daughter and I moved into our first home (that we own instead of rent), and I know almost nothing about issues related to owning a home. Sure I can diagnose and repair the odd appliance or electrical problem, but everywhere I have lived before the bigger problems were handled by maintenance. So I will ask forgiveness in advance for my ignorance in these areas and also for the inevident late night SOS threads lol.

Anyway, a bit about us to finish off this thread. Both my wife and I are in our late 20s, and have a 5 year old special needs child. Shortly after we moved here we bought a puppy for our daughter, he is a 6 month old dachshund/ chihuahua mix (mexican hotdog). Our house is a 1959 ranch style, originally 2 bedroom, 1 bath and garage, converted sometime in the 70s to 3 bedroom (making a 400 SQ' living room out of the garage).

I know all of the other forums I am a member of loves pics, so if I may post a couple of the items I will likely be discussing most here:

1959 1500 sq' ranch

6 month old (currently anyway) chiweenie "Caillou":

2002 Dodge Ram 1500, my DD:

2005 Ford F150, wifes DD:

Thanks for having me here guys, and I look forward to helping and learning from all of you.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-11, 03:05 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Welcome to the forums!

"pretty well almost everything I can help with and learn more from, as well as areas that I have know nothing about and stand to learn a great deal from"

That pretty much sums up these forums. we ask when we need help and provide insight when we can help others

Hope you enjoy your new home.

Old 10-29-11, 04:22 PM
Welcome Big! I pretty much stick to the electrical, heating and plumbing forums as that is where my expertise lies. I'm also often awake and checking in at midnight, Pacific time, so that will give you a chance for an answer when you post at midnight, your time.

BTW, nice house but that driveway needs a bit of TLC.

Old 10-29-11, 04:29 PM
Originally Posted by Furd View Post
Welcome Big! I pretty much stick to the electrical, heating and plumbing forums as that is where my expertise lies.
Then I will consult you often as thats where my ignorance lies lol

I'm also often awake and checking in at midnight, Pacific time, so that will give you a chance for an answer when you post at midnight, your time.

Originally Posted by Furd View Post
BTW, nice house but that driveway needs a bit of TLC.
Thanks. Yeah the driveway is the result of parking a 1 ton pickup complete with all the gear a welder would need every night for the past 20 years. There are plans existing on having that redone, but others projects are a bit further to the front of the stove then this one.

Old 10-30-11, 06:02 AM
Originally Posted by marksr View Post
"pretty well almost everything I can help with and learn more from, as well as areas that I have know nothing about and stand to learn a great deal from"

That pretty much sums up these forums. we ask when we need help and provide insight when we can help others
yep, thats it right there. there are a bunch of good folks round these parts.
me, i am a "jack of all trades, and a master of none". so i rely on these folks to help me along. i can't think of a time i have been steered wrong, here. they have "been there, done that"

Welcome, and enjoy your new home (looks nice). i am currently looking for my new home. one like yours with a basement and a 2 1/2 in the back, would be great.
but i am not holding my breath.

Search this Thread