Hit-&-Run

Old 11-09-11, 10:11 AM
Hit-&-Run

Since retiring, I watch a lot of new. Lately, almost every week there is a report of local auto-pedestrian hit and run.
Is this type criminal activity on the rise or has it been that way for a long time?
Sadely, about 6 months ago, a seven year old was struck and killed while attempting to board a school bus!!
The stupid BI**H left the sene and was later apprehended at he work place. She stated she didn't know she had hit the child!!!!!!!
No follow up was ever given for her charges---If there were any!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-11, 01:39 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
I'm sure charges were pursued.
I think the main reason there are so many hit and runs is because of the economy. I don't know how valid the reason is but it seems like there are a lot more uninsured drivers on the road today. I don't remember the percentage but I saw on TV recently where they stated the estimated amount of uninsured motorists and it was a lot higher than I would have guessed.
My youngest son wouldn't be surprised - his last 2 cars were totaled out by uninsured drivers. The last one was a 4 car pile up, 2 of which had no insurance

Old 11-09-11, 01:55 PM
Deja Vu all over again.

a bunch of ditther added to make up the mandatory character count

Old 11-09-11, 02:03 PM
Super Moderator
I agree with Mark. I never understood, back in VA, they had a box to check if you were insured or not. If you weren't you payed an extra $250 for registration...which supposedly went into a fund for people hit by uninsured motorists. But you weren't allowed to drive the vehicle on the street! What did they think people were doing with a registered vehicle?? Playing the odds of course!

As to hitting someone and not knowing...it happened to me..though it wasn't a person. I made a wide turn out of a parking lot around someone who left 2 car lengths in front of the next car, to get in the far lane. Apparently just as I hit her bumper with my rear quarter panel, I also ran up on the curb with my front tire...so I didn't feel or hear anything. Only way I found out was when a cop knocked on my door 3 hrs later and cited me. They dismissed the leaving the scene and since her car was already repaired, I think all I got was a $25 fine for improper driving (plus about $75 of court costs, whats up with THAT?).

Old 11-09-11, 02:16 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Vic, I'm pretty sure car insurance is mandatory in Va today. I know when I first moved to Tn you didn't have to have insurance except if you had an accident 5-10 yrs ago Tn changed the law and now everyone is required to have proof of insurance. No proof when asked and you get a ticket....even if you've had insurance continually for decades

Old 11-09-11, 02:44 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Further south we have mandatory insurance. No insurance, no tag. I dropped the insurance on my old Volvo since I had messed up the engine and it wasn't going anywhere. Got a call from the tag office...take the tag off. OK, OK. They normally send a deputy by to remove it permanently.

Old 11-09-11, 03:36 PM
Originally Posted by Wayne Mitchell View Post
Deja Vu all over again.

a bunch of ditther added to make up the mandatory character count
WELLLLLLL-EXCUSE ME--- For your information, I posted this on another forum and completely forgot my first post here
Why not just pass over my post instead of making a useless remark

Last edited by Giles; 11-09-11 at 04:44 PM.
Old 11-09-11, 04:19 PM
Originally Posted by Giles View Post
WELLLLLLL-EXCUSE ME--- For your information, I posted this on another forum and completely forgot my first post here
Why not just pass over my post instead of making a useless emark
Welllllll - You're excused. I was just trying to be helpful.