Handyman Club

Old 11-30-11, 08:16 PM
Handyman Club

Is any one else disappointed as much as I am. I just got my Handymen club magazine the other day. It was only 60 pages and only 1 featured project. I can't believe how small this magazine has gotten, when it only comes out every other month. This one, or the next one, will be my last one, and I don't plan on renewing.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-11, 03:24 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I've never subscribed to Handyman Club. I figured if they had to send me a pencil to get me started, it may not be the one for me. I do subscribe to Reader Digest's Family Handyman, and find a wealth of good information, generally.
Speaking of sending carrots in the mail. Although I have never installed windows or doors for Pella directly, I must be on their mailing list. They keep sending me really nice stuff in the mail. Stainless coffee mugs, coasters, money clips, key chains and super nice multipliers. It goes about 6 months and they do it again.

Old 12-01-11, 09:42 AM
Group Moderator
I thought it sounded great several years ago when I first heard about it so I bought a year membership. I never renewed and do not regret that decision.

Family Handyman is one of my favorites as well.

Old 12-01-11, 09:57 AM
Super Moderator
I think I have about 5 of their bolt and drill gauges around here somewhere. Why? I have no idea.

With only 5 pages or so, the little notepads didn't last long.

Old 12-01-11, 04:22 PM
Gunguy45

I think I have about 5 of their bolt and drill gauges around here somewhere. Why? I have no idea.
Gunguy45, you didn't stay as a member long enough. I got the 5 bolt/drill gauges. But I as got a set of screws Extractors, and a set of drill bits. And all the annoying letters wanting to sign up for life time membership, and that isn't going to happen.

Old 12-01-11, 04:51 PM
Super Moderator
Oh...I never signed up...those were just the solicitations. I did remember that a buddy of mine signed up about 12 yrs ago and submitted some sort of idea (he was a big time cabinet maker/woodworker) and actually got a nice jacket and some tools for testing out. Not a common occurrence anymore I imagine. The Internet has killed a lot of that stuff.

Search this Thread