Forum Slow or Just Me?

Old 12-24-11, 11:32 AM
Forum Slow or Just Me?

Is it just me or is this forum loading slow? Other sites are loading fine, it's just this one.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-24-11, 11:43 AM
Super Moderator
Seems to be just you...haven't seen any other comments.

Since you haven't been on much and they made quite a few tweaks over the last few weeks, might want to try clearing your cache

Old 12-24-11, 12:10 PM
Originally Posted by Gunguy45 View Post
Seems to be just you...haven't seen any other comments.

Since you haven't been on much and they made quite a few tweaks over the last few weeks, might want to try clearing your cache
I'm doing this on my Dad's computer now since my netbook crashed.

Old 12-24-11, 02:00 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Mine is slow at times but other times it works fine. While it might be partly the site, I think the biggest factor is my computer being over 5 yrs old..... I remember buying the pc but can't remember what yr

Old 12-24-11, 04:44 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Justin, it's slow, but we're here all the time, so we don't notice. Now you go to a zippity doo dah forum site, it may race, and ours is, therefore slower.
Step son gave me an LCD monitor on my last visit to replace my 400 lb Gateway CRT. Nice. So I felt good and cleaned up my office for my new monitor! Turned on the computer and tried to do some internet work. Hoooowwww slllloooowww it was. I'm like Marksr, I don't remember when I bought it....Gateway 550 Mhz dinosaur. Got on line really quickly and bought a Pentium 4 2.0 Ghz 120 Gb harddrive, all the bells and whistles for $35. should be here in a few days. Why do we wait until things break or become obnoxiously slow before we replace them? Wives not included

Old 12-24-11, 06:55 PM
Originally Posted by chandler View Post
Justin, it's slow, but we're here all the time, so we don't notice. Now you go to a zippity doo dah forum site, it may race, and ours is, therefore slower.
Step son gave me an LCD monitor on my last visit to replace my 400 lb Gateway CRT. Nice. So I felt good and cleaned up my office for my new monitor! Turned on the computer and tried to do some internet work. Hoooowwww slllloooowww it was. I'm like Marksr, I don't remember when I bought it....Gateway 550 Mhz dinosaur. Got on line really quickly and bought a Pentium 4 2.0 Ghz 120 Gb harddrive, all the bells and whistles for $35. should be here in a few days. Why do we wait until things break or become obnoxiously slow before we replace them? Wives not included
That's small. I'm typing this post from a compaq with 2.1ghz and a pretty big hd, 2gb ram and it's small.

Old 12-25-11, 07:38 AM
Originally Posted by marksr View Post
Mine is slow at times but other times it works fine. While it might be partly the site, I think the biggest factor is my computer being over 5 yrs old..... I remember buying the pc but can't remember what yr
same here. sometimes it just "hangs". if i click again = bam.

Old 12-25-11, 08:45 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Aaha! I found out part of our slow/fast/mediocre speed here. May not be the site on my end after all. They are installing fiber optic at the end of my driveway (1/2 mile or so). How cool! They are fiddling with all the wiring and will inevitably mess it up for a while (independent contractor), but it should scream when the phone guys straighten it up.

Old 12-25-11, 09:46 AM
Group Moderator
I often have a delay with a post loading. i have to wait for the background to go from gray to white before I scroll down and click First unread post. If I try to scroll down to it it just pops back to the top as the page finishes loading and I have to scroll down again. Sometime have to wait about 10 seconds. This is apparently because of ads loading and page shifting do to reforming around ads.