Married bliss

Old 02-03-12, 06:03 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Married bliss

I love being married, really I do. I get tested quite often, however. Wifey lost interest in driving her Tribute, so she took over my Volvo....along with my Garmin 1450 GPS. She got off work the other night and when she got home, she whispered ever so softly, "I had a problem with your car door tonight. I tried slamming it several times and it wouldn't shut." Well, naturally when the suction cup releases and the GPS is dangling in the door jamb via it power cord, the door won't close. She also said it was "on" and it had a few black streaks on the screen
I'm OK, now. She just went to work and I have the house to myself until the next episode. Wonder what that will be?

Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-12, 06:12 PM
Group Moderator
I have a buddy who's a mechanic and restored an old Mustang with all kinds of work on the engine - way past factory tolerances on everything. His wife had it one day and came home saying there had been a problem - the engine was overheating so it kept dying on her so she would have to sit and let it cool down before it would start again so she could keep driving.

I think marriage is a perfectly fine institution but I've come to the conclusion I'm not meant to live in an institution.

I have another buddy who just walked out on his wife of 14 years because he met a woman six weeks ago he thinks he should be married to instead. I'm surprised my tongue isn't bleeding as hard as I've been having to bite it when I talk to him.

Old 02-03-12, 06:40 PM
It's amazing how much people don't care how they treat things when they are not the ones responsible for fixing it when it breaks.

Old 02-04-12, 04:58 AM
Droo, you hit it. It's not that she would do it intentionally, it is just a black cloud hanging over her. I don't do laundry, period. I fix things she breaks. Even trade.
What you said carries over to the jobsite. Many days I find myself watching my guys work, sitting on the edge of a deck repairing a nailgun (thankfully I have more than one so work doesn't stop). They don't care. They will let a circle saw down off scaffolding holding it by the cord, until I yell at them. They don't know about things like that, I guess.....or aren't interested.
Mitch, think about the polygamist.....how does he keep up with things? All he hears all day is "oops", can you fix this?

Old 02-04-12, 05:10 AM
Mitch, think about the polygamist.....how does he keep up with things? All he hears all day is "oops", can you fix this?
This is the real reason why polygamy is illegal. Our forefathers knew they didn't have enough time in the day to fix all that broken stuff.

Old 02-04-12, 05:23 AM
Group Moderator
You guys know you're all in big trouble when Becky shows up, right?

Old 02-04-12, 05:46 AM
Yeah, but that's the chance you take on the firing line.

Old 02-04-12, 09:11 AM
Group Moderator
Note it was stated that "there was something wrong with your car". Its her's when it is fine, soon as something breaks, its yours again!

Old 02-04-12, 12:38 PM
When I met the woman I eventually married I was driving a 1974 Fiat 124 Spyder. She never had anything good to say about that car but after we were married and she had her own car she ALWAYS wanted to use mine. Mind you, she still spoke disparagingly about it all the time but whenever she had to drive somewhere she wanted to drive the Spyder. When I asked why she always wanted to drive a car that she hated her reply was, "Because it is a fun car to drive!"

After being divorced some 25 years (or more) I don't miss her a bit but I still miss that car.

Old 02-04-12, 04:41 PM
tolyn ironhand;

Note it was stated that "there was something wrong with your car". Its her's when it is fine, soon as something breaks, its yours again!
It isn't just the car, when the kids start acting up. You may hear, why don't you get after "your kids".

Old 02-05-12, 04:16 AM
You're right Scott, like right now, I am getting ready to go to church. She will be getting off shortly. She has MY car and I will drive the Tribute. She claims the Volvo gets better gas mileage......duh, she works 9 miles from the house. I have to drive the Tribute 12 miles to church. Go figure the savings.

Search this Thread