No Privacy

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-12, 03:50 PM
No Privacy

We all know that personal privacy is pretty much a thing of the past and I guess we have grown to accept those annoying calls, letters, emails from people that get our names and phone numbers etc...

But at least we had our total privacy while we were developing as a fetus in our Mom for nine months, didnt we ? . Wait, I take that back, that is about to change....

While sitting at a traffic light yesterday, a Ford Ranger pulls along beside me with a topper on the back of it. All of the sides of the topper had vinyl graphics on it....

It consisted of a completely colored mural starting with the picture of a fetus at one month, with eight more development pics of the baby following.

With a large logo above the mural.... Call me at 555 xxxxx if you need Professional Fetus Photograhy....

Ya know, I love baby and kid pictures of the wee ones like most papas, but excuuuse me, I am not hanging my future grandkids fetus pictures above my mantle.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-12, 04:29 PM
If only I could have posted the face my wife made when I read her this post.

Old 02-21-12, 05:21 PM
That's kind of disgusting, yet a little interesting. It might be a little invasive for the woman, though.

Last edited by Shadeladie; 02-22-12 at 06:08 AM. Reason: Quote not needed
Old 02-22-12, 02:58 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
This guy is probably as discreet as a tattoo artist (apologies if necessary). Face it, you gotta get a little personal sometimes.

Old 02-22-12, 03:45 AM
My opening post was a bit " tongue in cheek" but the sensible side of me just cannot see this service being that lucrative to new parents. ....

How many new parents are going to want to lay out a spread of LiL Johnny's first birthday party pictures to proudly show the visitors, and then top them off with his photos of being "spawned" for nine months ? ....

I know Demi Moore turned our society heads upside down with her naked pregnant body being put on a magazine cover and opened up our eyes more than they are intended to be....

But I am old school, and my teacher taught us that a pregnant woman is to be respected, and that includes privacy as needed...

I dont know, is just seems more of a tool that a malpractice attorney's office would love to get hold of. Each to their own I guess... jmo

Old 02-22-12, 04:50 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
When I first started reading your original post I was thinking all the graphics on truck was an anti abortion advertisement but after reading the entire post the only thing that comes to mind is WHY??? I'd expect the price of the mural to be more than any potential income

Old 02-22-12, 05:16 AM
No way would I pay for fetus photography but I'll confess to having an ultrasound picture of my first grandkid on the fridge for a couple of years.

I will disagree about a couple of things though - Children aren't spawned and there is nothing disrespectful about a nude photo of a pregnant woman.

Old 02-22-12, 12:17 PM
I don't really think that's an invasion of privacy, but it's not something I would spend my money on. That's for sure. I would rather spend that money on pictures of the baby when it's actually out of the womb.

Old 02-22-12, 12:42 PM
Originally Posted by Wayne Mitchell View Post
No way would I pay for fetus photography but I'll confess to having an ultrasound picture of my first grandkid on the fridge for a couple of years.

I will disagree about a couple of things though - Children aren't spawned and there is nothing disrespectful about a nude photo of a pregnant woman.
Yes, my apologies to the readers for using that word spawned, I think the word I was looking for was developing ? Although in retrospect, I know some people that I think were spawned.

Old 02-22-12, 01:49 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
I know some people that I think were spawned
Better tread lightly
you might be describing half of us diyers

Old 02-22-12, 02:22 PM
Now, Mark, you are not to talk about Vic that way

Old 02-22-12, 03:59 PM
I don't know what you guys think is going on with this "photography", but I am pretty willing to bet large wads of cash that these are ultrasound images. The 3d color ultrasound has been out for a few years. I don't think they are that common in Dr's offices, but some higher res versions are showing up there.

Old 02-22-12, 04:21 PM
Yes, the images appeared to be "doppler" images from a ultrasound. Very clear images though, so clear that I stopped eating my burger at that stoplight.

Old 02-22-12, 04:24 PM
Yes, the images appeared to be "doppler" images from a ultrasound. Very clear images though, so clear that I stopped eating my burger at that stoplight.
Oh, I was thinking they were putting a camera in the uteran.

Old 02-22-12, 04:45 PM
Leave it to Justin! Biology 101 will clear that up for you, hoss.

Old 02-23-12, 08:01 AM
I don't want to tread on any toes here, but I don't know how anyone can look at an ultrasound and then have an abortion.

Closed Thread

Search this Thread