valued customer ??

Old 02-23-12, 04:10 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
valued customer ??

I've had a Lowes business account since the early 90's. Yesterday I got a nice card from Lowes thanking me for being a valued business customer for the last 6 yrs.... does that mean I wasn't a valued customer before I retired

Just when you start to believe those that say the PO is outdated and unneeded, along comes a piece of junk mail that makes you crack a smile

Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-12, 04:39 AM
Group Moderator
Maybe you weren't spending enough money the first ten years or so.

Old 02-23-12, 04:40 AM
Super Moderator
Good one...

A possible reason though... They may have changed companies that were handling their credit accounts. I know HD did that. The account number was the same and all, but a different bank actually was listed.

Old 02-23-12, 01:56 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Yeah, about 10 years ago, our local Lowe's only had account numbers, not credit cards or the like. I just went in gave them my 4 digit account number and signed for the stuff. It could have been about that time when they nationalized their credit business, like Vic said.
That's OK, my wife's mother is still getting solicitations from Capital One urging her to sign up for her pre approved credit card. This happens weekly. She's been dead for 8 years. I even called them, and asked that they stop sending stuff.....nope. Hmmm, what if I signed her name............naw, I couldn't do that!

Old 02-23-12, 03:54 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Reminds me of the first time I got credit at a paint store - I was worried they wouldn't give me credit since I didn't really have a credit record. When I inquired, the store owner asked me how I spelled my last name, I told him and then asked what I needed to do to start an account and he said ' you just did'

Old 02-23-12, 04:01 PM
I have been shopping at Lowes now since back in the 80's. My wife says the only way that I can have a Lowes credit card is to have a $100.00 credit limit.

Old 02-23-12, 05:03 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
100 bucks won't get you past the light bulb aisle !!!

Old 02-23-12, 05:06 PM
The offers I like the best are the ones for things I already have.

Old 02-23-12, 05:35 PM
Thats right ! Three new LED lamps are over a 100 bucks. She knows I have been eyeballing that Kobalt Mega Monster Roll cabinet with the stereo and frig in it.

Old 02-23-12, 08:30 PM
What you really need to watch out for is that nice upgrade card that you get from your favorite department store where they automatically turn your store card into a major credit card too. That happened to us from a nameless department store without our permission. Oh the card was great you could use it anywhere but not for us as the interest rates were murder So we did them a favor and cancelled the card. No actually we were the ones who had the favor but I am sure they were not smiling after that but we sure were.

Old 02-23-12, 11:23 PM
About four or five years ago I started getting cards from Lowes addressed to Marquis Homes at my address. They usually had a pair of one-time discount cards for five bucks off any hundred dollar purchase or something like that but recently they offer something less for opening an account. I did use one once but unfortunately (or maybe it IS fortunate) I rarely have anything that I need to buy that comes close to the minimum purchase requirement. I've lived in this house going on thirteen years now and the previous owner was here for at least six and neither of us know anything about a Marquis Homes.

Long ago, maybe seventeen years ago, when I stupidly allowed my girlfriend at the time to move in with me she got a coupon from Lowes good for 20% off her entire purchase as a "welcome to the neighborhood" come on. We went to town and ended up spending around $800 including a battery-operated lawnmower. The GF is long gone but I still have the mower and it still is going strong with the original battery.