A Cat For Office?

Old 02-29-12, 01:25 AM
A Cat For Office?

Believe it or not it is true and no I am not trying to be political I just thought it was a funny story and everyone would like to hear about it. Well apparently there is a owner who thinks his cat wants to run for the senate in Virginia. Well Hank(yes that is the cats name) can't really run for office but I have heard of people voting for Mickey Mouse before too and he isn't human either. Here is a link to the story George Allen responds quickly to Hank the Cat’s candidacy - The State of NoVa - The Washington Post . There is a video there too from the local Fox affiliate. Who knows maybe if cats really ruled the world things just might be better

Sponsored Links
Old 02-29-12, 01:51 AM
I would nominate this dog though.

Ultimate Dog Tease - YouTube

Old 02-29-12, 10:35 AM
I got a cat that can run for office. He can listen, and do what he told to do, better then the kids. And he doesn't talk back, or tell me he forgot. But he does roll his eyes now and then, and gives me that blank look now and then.

Old 02-29-12, 08:06 PM
Most of the cats I know are way smarter than the politicians. I helped a friend get a feral cat into a cage today to be taken to be spayed. That little girl had us work for two full hours to catch her inside a 20 by 25 foot room.

Old 03-01-12, 12:56 PM
That's absurd. But if he were running against Obama in the presidential election, well then Hank may have my vote!

Old 03-01-12, 08:40 PM
Hi folks I thought I would update everyone on the progress Hank the cat has had so far in his campaign. So far the poor cat has had his first attack ad against him. Here is a link to the ad and more information on his campaign from our local fox affiliate First Attack Ad Against Hank, The Cat Running for Va. Senator, Posted on YouTube . They have a link to Hanks campaign website and his Facebook page so if you would like to give him support please go there Hank would really like your help and support

Old 03-02-12, 07:37 AM
Furd, I would have just let the cat catch is self. Put some tuna fish in a have a heart trap. I have had very good luck with that trap. In the past two years, I have caught 5 wood chucks, 2 skunks, and 1 big, really mad Raccoon. And all of these with no bait in the trap.

Old 03-02-12, 08:00 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Meet the Mayor
of Rabbit Hash, Ky.

Lucy Lou is a red & white border collie who has lived her whole life in Rabbit Hash. She is in town every day and has appointed herself the town tour guide, meeting visitors and making sure they see all the sights. She won the mayoral election on the non-partisan canine ticket and supports feline and canine presence in the General Store. Lucy Lou lends her support to all fund rainsing events and activities. She accredits her aspiration to Rabbit Hash's esteemed former mayor, Junior Cochran, stating that

Old 03-02-12, 01:07 PM
Edward, my friend had the cat in this room for about six weeks. She tried a Havahart trap but the cat was too smart and wouldn't go near it. Tried both dry and wet cat food and tried a trail of food into the trap. Nope.

When we went in the cat was hiding behind some boxes under a table close to the wall. It made a perfect tunnel and we placed the Havahart at the end of the tunnel and then tried to close off any other means of escape and then prod the cat down the tunnel into the trap. Somehow the cat was able to escape the tunnel before getting to the trap and we spent some twenty minutes chasing her around the room before she returned to the tunnel. Thinking we had her then we blocked off the previous means of escape and tried again. The cat actually entered the trap far enough to spring the door but she must have been in the way of the door closing because she got out before the door latched shut.

We finally set a large traveling cage up on end near the window where the cat was jumping up on the roller shade (two shades iin the middle of the window) and when she jumped up on the window she then fell into the cage and we slammed the door. She took it fairly calmly unless you got too close to the cage when she would jump at the top in an attempt to take your face off. We then loaded the travel cage in the car and Lilly took her to be spayed.

This all happened at the historical museum where I volunteer. The grounds of this old steam-electric power plant have been declared an urban wildlife refuge and after being spayed the cat will be returned.

Old 03-09-12, 01:55 AM
That place sounds interesting Furd I know there has been some controversy about cats being caught and then released back to the wild. The majority of people think they should be adopted out to a family but I don't know I used to think they should but after reading what you went through think not. Whatever cats you do find that are not adoptable but could be though you might want to contact author Gwen Cooper at her website. For those who don't know about her she is the author of Homers Odyssey a book about her life with her blind cat Homer who actually saved her life once when a prowler broke into her New York apartment. She talks about her experience during 911 when the terrorists attacked the twin towers and she couldn't get to her cats for a few days. It has happy endings though her cats were safe and other things happened too that I will not mention as I wouldn't want to spoil things for someone reading the book. I think it is a marvelous book and has sold internationally overseas. So I hope everyone will read the book. Here is her website it is Homer's Odyssey she helps shelters that place hard to adopt cats through the sale of her book and her website.

Old 03-09-12, 03:17 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Furd, it is odd.... I decided a long time ago to get a cat to keep around the house. Went to the shelter and looked around. It's one of those things where you have to meld with the animal or it won't work. In the main office they had a cage with a beautiful cat. I asked about it, and they said it was to be euthanized that day because it kept escaping and knocking things off the shelves and dislodging grid ceiling panels. They were probably just fed up with it. I asked if the cat would transfer peacefully to my cage, could I adopt her. They reluctantly said I could. She transferred very nicely and when I released her into my small house, he was totally at home. I guess environment has a lot to do with animal's reactions. She never ran for office, though. Just sat on the picture window seat I made for her and watched the world go by.....well sort of like our present day politicians, I guess!

Old 03-09-12, 02:54 PM
I used to have two cats like that Chandler and both were from the same litter. When they were first adopted they fought each other a great deal I guess they were setting up their territory in my house. One cats name was Midnight and the other one Buttercup. Midnight my mom named and Buttercup I named as she looked sort of like a peanut butter cup that was opened. We didn't have Midnight long just five years and she died of a heart attack right at the vets. Buttercup lived longer and we had her for sixteen years. After Buttercup died I started reading Homers Odyssey and then learned she had a blog so I blog on there on occasion. She likes hearing from people even though they haven't read her book and on her blog has in the past had a shelter of the week posted that she checks into before posting. She might like your story Chandler and yours too Furd. I am not trying to sell her book by the way I had forgotten to mention the blog so I thought I would add that here.