what pocket knife

Old 03-06-12, 03:27 PM
what pocket knife

Hey guys Dakota here hope this is an ok spot for my question. I need advice and opinions. I'm looking to buy a new pocket knife. I need serrated and straight egde and a pocket clip. It can't. Cost to much . 50 or less would be nice. Thanks guys glad to be here this place has everything

Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-12, 03:34 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Welcome to the forums! Don't think it will hurt. It is for general chats. We normally don't push one product over the other, but if you are asking for an opinion, I carry a Kershaw SS 1680 with serrated back and straight front blade, spring assist with pocket clip. Runs about $40. Spring assist is nice for one hand opening and the serrations help with cutting hay bale string. Others will be along with more information for you.

Old 03-06-12, 08:25 PM
Hi Dakota I don't think I can help you as far as brand is concerned but if you want a cheap knife that doesn't cost much I would check out e-bay or amazon.com. Also check out Heartland America and Harbor Freight tools all of which have good stuff even though it is cheap. Of course some things from some places are better than others. I wish you luck in your search I never had to buy any knives as I would get free knives from some magazines almost every year. I almost have too many maybe I should sell some on e-bay

Old 03-06-12, 08:57 PM
Thanks I'm really Glad to be here. I'm going to bass pro tomorrow. I haven't been in Avery long time it should be very fun

Old 03-06-12, 09:06 PM
Group Moderator
I guess use is important. I have never owned a pocket knife but back when I did home repair I carried a utility knife with a retractable blade. Of course I also use to keep a paring knife in my truck repair tool kit so maybe I just have weird ideas.

Old 03-07-12, 03:35 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
The one thing about a clip on knife, I forget to leave it in the truck when I visit the courthouse, etc. Have to turn around and "unload" every time Of course with two titanium knees you set off the metal detector anyway.

Old 03-07-12, 05:51 AM
Admin Emeritus
Hello: Dakota. Welcome to the website.

Locating a pocket knife you like should be easy. You're already heading to one of many get stores. If you have any outdoor survival, hunting/fishing/outdoor supply shops in your area, they are some more of many additional locations to look around in. As well as Army/Navy surplus shops and/or pawn shops.

Old 03-07-12, 02:30 PM
Group Moderator
Benchmade makes my favorite knives but a lot of them are well over $50. I have the same Kershaw Chandler does and I like it pretty well in comparison.

Old 03-08-12, 10:13 AM
My favorite pocket knife is a leather man. It has the blades you mentioned, and a lot more. I got it about 15 years, when Marlboro use to have marlboro miles on there smokes.

Search this Thread