Really? (Windows 7 Errors)

Old 03-13-12, 03:45 PM
Really? (Windows 7 Errors)

Lately, I've been seeing a lot of ads saying :
"Windows errors, click to fix errors and speed up your computer"
or
"You have 7 Windows Errors!"
While I chuckle at these ads, as I use Linux, Has anyone else see these ads? (they're not on this site)
I have screenshots if you want to see.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-12, 04:20 PM
Group Moderator
I have actually ran their so called virus scans. It is amazing how many viruses they found considering none of them could possibly be on my OS.

Old 03-13-12, 04:22 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
I thought those types of sites/scans put a virus on your pc so they could charge you to take if off

Old 03-13-12, 04:23 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Even those MyCleanPC ads are a little deceptive. You can get their scan showing a kazillion viruses and problems on your computer, but what they are after is a one time $100 or so payment and a $14 per month maintenance fee to "keep your computer safe and fast". So be aware the free programs aren't really free after all.

Old 03-14-12, 12:09 AM
I think most of those are scams and think I ran into a drive by download while going on one website. At one time with an older computer I have there was a message on the screen that said we will clean up your pc. I tried closing the program and then the fun began I was locked out of everything else on my computer. I ended up having to have to erase the hard drive and do another install of Windows. Luckily that wasn't my primary pc or I really would have been mad.

Old 03-14-12, 08:54 PM
I think most of those are scams and think I ran into a drive by download while going on one website. At one time with an older computer I have there was a message on the screen that said we will clean up your pc. I tried closing the program and then the fun began I was locked out of everything else on my computer. I ended up having to have to erase the hard drive and do another install of Windows. Luckily that wasn't my primary pc or I really would have been mad.
Hm. I have an old POS PC that'd be fun to do to.

Search this Thread