doityourself.com smartphone app

Old 04-01-12, 07:02 AM
doityourself.com smartphone app

There is an app available now for the forum! I was so happy to see this until I clicked on the message only to discover they wanted me to PAY FOR THE APP @ $1.99. I don't buy any apps that cost me money... Why would I pay $1.99 to talk on a forum that I can do for free using my browser instead of the app? It just makes no sense to me that I would need to pay to use the site's app. Just my 2 cents...

Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-12, 09:50 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Must not be out for android yet. All the app does is bypass the browser, anyway.

Old 04-01-12, 10:31 AM
Larry that is what I'm using and it popped up yesterday when I got on the site from my browser.

Old 04-01-12, 11:49 AM
Let me try it that way. I was looking in in the market section, or whatever Google calls it now.
Oh, it is called Forum Runner, and is not specific to this forum. I was reading some of the comments and it doesn't seem to be very viable. Is that the one you popped onto??

Old 04-01-12, 12:56 PM
I think so, let me check................... Yes, that was it..... Now why did that pop up if it is not internet brands app? I see that it is for V-bulletin, but I mean come on! I would think that an app that makes the forum more readable has to be coming down the pipeline, right? The latest forum update did do wonders, though, for forum readability on my smart phone.

Old 04-01-12, 03:29 PM
Group Moderator
What's an "app"?

Sorry, had to say that; my cell phone makes phone calls, period. Must be my age showing, I don't get texting, either.

Old 04-01-12, 03:35 PM
It is the new Google post March 01. Didn't you get the letter??? They will now control marketing on their phones, OS, browsers, etc. If you frequent a certain site, they have an app(lication). OK, TG, do you use a bluetooth in your wrecker while driving????

Old 04-01-12, 03:46 PM
Well, I probably received and blew it off and did not actually read it. That makes sense, I guess. Still not happy about it, but such is life.