Who do you contact here for suggestions re: the forum and website

Old 04-24-12, 07:27 AM
Who do you contact here for suggestions re: the forum and website

Who should I contact about making suggestions to the forum? Should I just PM a moderator? I just want to offer a suggestion about adding a forum.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-12, 07:30 AM
Super Moderator
Just throw it out here.....we'll see what happens.

Old 04-24-12, 08:36 AM
Well ok. My suggestion would be to add a forum under the Flooring section. When you look at the forums under the main heading of Flooring you see forums for carpet, wood flooring, tile, etc.. There is even a flooring forum called Upholstry and fabrics! However, there is no forum for concrete staining. And it's a big trendy thing now to do concrete staining on indoor floors. So, that would be my suggestion, to add a forum for concrete staining under the Flooring section.

Old 04-24-12, 09:58 AM
Group Moderator
I would actually think that should be in Painting - DoItYourself.com Community Forums.

Old 04-24-12, 12:33 PM
Super Moderator
Yeah....thats a bit too specific. It can either go in the Topic Ray linked...or concrete and masonry.

It would kind be kind of like having a different Topic broken out for each type of floor covering. Porcelain Tile, Ceramic Tile, Terra Cotta...etc etc.

Old 04-24-12, 01:14 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
I would think concrete staining [since it's a finished floor product] would be best addressed in the flooring section of the forums. While it's a job some painters can handle, it's more related to the flooring trade than the painting trade.

But it doesn't matter a whole lot where a question gets asked. If it's posted in the wrong forum we can always get it moved

Old 04-24-12, 07:42 PM
Mark, I'm with you. It just makes sense that concrete staining should be in the Flooring section. I mean, how is Upholstry and fabrics even in the Flooring section when it has nothing to do with flooring? And concrete stains have everything to do with flooring. So, logically it makes no sense why Upholstry is in the flooring section, but concrete staining is not. Do you agree?

Old 04-24-12, 09:59 PM
I have what I think would be an even better topic name and that would be concrete floor coverings. Staining I agree is the in thing but so are epoxy coatings. So I think a more generalized name would be better. Also besides the coatings are the special garage floor tiles and roll out floor coverings all of which are different and all of which are very interesting topics. Maybe sub subjects could be put in from there like staining a floor, epoxy coatings etc. Anyway that is my two cents.

Old 04-25-12, 04:45 AM
Group Moderator
Had never noticed that upholstery and fabrics was in the flooring section; should be in Home Decorating and Design Center I would think.

Old 04-25-12, 09:33 AM
Admin Emeritus
Good Suggestions....

Done....

Subject Upholstery and Fabrics moved into Decorating and Design forum. That Forums title slightly modified to indicate addition of topic.

Flooring category retitled also. Now retitled to specify coverings and coatings....

Thanks for the corrections needed and suggestions too....

Whom to notify? Myself. Via a PM. Include a link to this forum if posted here also....

Admin
Sharp Advice

Search this Thread