Chuckle of the day

Old 04-30-12, 06:33 PM
Group Moderator
Chuckle of the day

Ordered a small quantity of aluminum stock today for a project (aluminum square from recent ShopNotes issue) and caught this on one of the pages of the metal supplier's site. I've removed the site name:

"At xxxxxxxxxx, we all failed shop class. Multiple times. As a matter of fact, our employment applications specifically ask to see people's grades for their high school shop classes. If they're too high, they go into the rejected pile. We're also not engineers, and cannot make any specific recommendations about the suitability of a given alloy, temper, or shape for your project or application.

All technical data is for comparison purposes only and is NOT FOR DESIGN. It has been compiled from sources we believe to be accurate but cannot guarantee. This ends the part of the website that our pointy-headed lawyers made us put in. "

Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-12, 06:36 PM
Group Moderator
LOL. You have to like honesty.

Old 05-01-12, 04:11 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
That's better than most
I've seen several that just leave you scratching your head. Several yrs ago one of the kids bought me a plastic saw blade clock for my shop. It came with a warning label that said the saw blade should not be installed on a saw for cutting A few months ago I bought a pack of utility knife blades, the warning label stated you had to wear goggles and leather gloves to both open the pack and when installing the blades.

Old 05-14-12, 10:47 PM
"Do not put cell phone in microwave to dry it out if it gets wet" do not use snowblower on roof. And those gel packs you get in new shoes that says DO NOT EAT. I wonder who the person was that said I don't know what this is I guess I better eat it.

Old 05-15-12, 03:18 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
flirty1 don't laugh. I had a friend who took his pressure washer on the roof with him to clean his shingles of moss. Yep, it started to slide and he tried to catch it. Broke everything from his toes to his hips.

Old 05-15-12, 05:20 AM
"Do not put cell phone in microwave to dry it out if it gets wet" do not use snowblower on roof. And those gel packs you get in new shoes that says DO NOT EAT. I wonder who the person was that said I don't know what this is I guess I better eat it.
A baby.

I know babies can't read, but that text is for the dummy parents.