Fossil CH2332 Wrist Watch

Old 06-24-12, 02:57 PM
Fossil CH2332 Wrist Watch

Can't find a forum to put this in. I have a Fossil CH2332 wrist watch and can not figure out how to take the back off to replace the battery. The manual is useless + teeny tiny print. using a knife to pry it off did not work. it appears that it might unscrew since there a some notches in it but using a knife and a small hammer it's not turning. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-12, 05:08 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Flirty, hammer and knife??? C'mon. This is a watch, not a Dodge Hemi!! Take it to a jewelry store, buy your battery from them, and they will usually change it free of charge. Yeah, the battery may cost a little more than one you find at the drug store, but it is a margin thing.

Old 06-24-12, 05:16 PM
Have you tried a basin wrench?

Old 06-24-12, 05:50 PM
I'll try that next droolplug . I'll take it to a watch store jewlery store as the ones in the grocery stores seam to have a attitude of they won't fix it unless its a watch that they sold.

Old 06-24-12, 05:54 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Fit a small screwdriver blade to a notch and push to turn the cover counterclockwise. May take a few hammer taps to get it started. Once off, there may be a plastic cover that can be pried out.
Then depress the spring retainer and remove the battery.

Or so it said on another site.

Old 06-24-12, 10:49 PM
that worked. Got the back off the battery is a maxell sr927w and of course has to be differn't then the 977/976 i got for another watch.

Old 06-24-12, 10:58 PM
Glad you got the back off Flirty. I usually keep a cheap set of jewelers screw drivers you can buy at about any dollar store. Make sure if you take any screws out to put them in a coaster or a small plate. I usually use the dining room table for that as it has about the best light in the house. I think I have seen that same battery in a drugstore. Getting the battery is usually the easy part it is trying to get the screws out and keeping track of them that is hard. Good luck to you!

Old 06-25-12, 12:24 AM
I used to have one that was for eyeglasses but who knows where it's at. I ended up using a #0 Philips screwdriver for the slots.