Independence Day

Old 07-04-12, 03:45 AM
Group Moderator
Independence Day

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

Name:  E8EFM.St.81.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  40.1 KB

And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-12, 11:50 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
What amazes me is the dedication to "country" our forefathers had. If our leaders of today had to sacrifice any of that stuff on a personal basis, we'd be in sad shape.

Old 07-04-12, 12:21 PM
Super Moderator
Larry...I agree...

These word say it all "our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor".

Very few of our "leaders" currently serving have sacrificed any of those things.

Old 07-04-12, 01:38 PM
I agree with you guys it seems that no matter what party you like the best whether you are a Democrat or a Republican or even an independent, of which I myself am an independent, you don't see anyone from any of the parties really sacrificing anything. This nation was founded on sacrifices the likes of which I think the two parties have forgotten and that is when we signed the declaration of independence we then made what was at the time one of our biggest enemies. Later of course Great Britain and we the United States made up our differences but it was a very long time though in coming. Great Britain though could have held out even though we had the help of France so these were very trying and dangerous times. Happy Fourth Of July Everyone!

Old 07-04-12, 07:49 PM
God Bless America!

Search this Thread