Anyone want to complain about their weather?

Old 07-10-12, 03:50 PM
Super Moderator
Anyone want to complain about their weather?

112 in the shade here. Almost 120 at the river cities.

So why did I move here again?

Yeah yeah....no "dry heat" comments.....hot is hot!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-12, 04:32 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
How do you know? Watching the weather channel ain't like being out in it. And I know your garage is air conditioned, so there!!

Low 90's with 70% humidity. No need to worry about that rain shower as you are already wet from sweat. Let it rain and keep on working. No complaints.......always waiting on winter. Like a light at the end of a tunnel.

Old 07-10-12, 05:28 PM
Super Moderator
I'm swamp cooler conditioned Larry...83 and humid in the garage...replacing the pads tomorrow. Hopefully that will bring me back down to 70 degree air.

Only good thing is when I walk outside my sinuses clear up real quick. Getting in the car to do some shopping is a whole 'nother matter. DW is still asking me when I'm going back to her gym to do some work. My response?? When it's not hot!

Old 07-10-12, 05:45 PM
Group Moderator
Finally some relief here... its only in the low 90's this week (instead of high 90's) and the humidity is lower. (30% instead of 60%) Still no rain in the forecast though...

haven't had a June/July that was this dry and hot in a long time...

Old 07-10-12, 06:26 PM
Group Moderator
I was going to move to Phoenix about 15 years ago but my now ex-wife talked me into staying. I'll take 110 in Phoenix over 85 here any day.

Old 07-10-12, 08:31 PM
My son and his wife flew from Minneapolis (102°) to Long Beach last week for a wedding. First thing she did was cry about it being cold (65° and cloudy). You just can't please them women.

Nice up here being ~80 in the daytime and 50s at night so you can open the doors and windows and fairly low humidity.

Last edited by Baldwin; 07-10-12 at 09:11 PM.
Old 07-10-12, 11:17 PM
Larry you and my mom would get along very well she likes cold weather but then she was born during a blizzard too. I kind of like it half and half if I could just find a place where it was 70 degrees year round I would move there Trouble is I can't afford to and such a place probably costs a good bit more than Maryland Oh well can't complaint yesterday I believe the high was 85 which is better than the 105 it was on the weekend

Old 07-11-12, 01:33 AM
during the 90 degree+ heatwave here in michigan I would ride my bike 17-18 miles to the beach to cool off and look for things under the water. found 2 pairs of sunglasses and a 1 dollar bill. Still looking for the jackpot LOL the beach is swim at your own risk no lifeguards except for the pool part.

Old 07-11-12, 04:04 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Vic, flirty, my "gym" workouts are now relegated to the pool at the fitness center. Salt water, heated for year round use. Really nice. I have to walk past all those sweaty runners, weight lifters, and am glad to be in the nice water for an hour or so. Heck, don't want to wear down my new knees running

Old 07-11-12, 04:32 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Seems like the weather here has been full of extremes. Very wet spring followed by dry and hot. I don't remember how many days/weeks they said it's been since the temp didn't reach the 90s [3 days in a row over 100] Now we're getting an excess of rain [but still 90 degrees] We got 5"-6" of rain yesterday. I spent all of yesterday afternoon getting my driveway out of the road and filling in the ruts. It looks like last night's rain undid it all

Search this Thread