It's Not a Cell Phone...

Old 07-15-12, 06:47 AM
Group Moderator
It's Not a Cell Phone...

It's not a cell phone, it's a police tracking device. The Results From Our Nationwide Cell Phone Tracking Records Requests

Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-12, 07:03 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Wonder why the ACLU hasn't filed restraining orders or lawsuits, yet. They are always the first ones on the ground when other "civil" liberties are violated.
Here, locally, the KKK has put in an application to clean up a mile of highway with their name on a highway sign indicating they are responsible for cleaning it. Request denied. Biting their tongues all the way from New York, the ACLU has hopped on the KKK bandwagon and will assist them in their court action.
Found the link: ACLU to represent KKK in Georgia "Adopt-A-Highway" fight | Fox News

Last edited by chandler; 07-15-12 at 09:16 AM.
Old 07-15-12, 08:12 AM
Group Moderator
Wonder why the ACLU hasn't filed restraining orders or lawsuits, yet.
Maybe this is the opening salvo.

Old 07-15-12, 11:26 AM
I'm always a little bit miffed as to why people are so concerned about the police knowing where they are and what they do. These same people have no trouble at all giving this same information over to private enterprise. Private enterprise is more likely to use that information than the cops. The whole point of Facebook is for them to know where you are and what you like so they can target you.

Old 07-15-12, 12:10 PM
Group Moderator
That's why I love my ruggedized, simple phone. It' s a phone, period. No GPS maps, no junk mail text messages, no lady pretending to talk to me and I don't have to worry about it ratting me out to the feds. Still, these day's anything you do electronically gives you away. Cell phones just happen to be particularly easy to track & hack.

Old 07-15-12, 08:38 PM
This really doesn't surprise me at all and while I don't always agree with the ACLU I do agree with them somewhat about the cell phones. I say somewhat because there are certainly legitimate times when a police department might need to know where someone is like in the case of a kidnapping or an armed robbery suspect. Certainly I think new federal laws need to be enacted that will standardize when police can and cannot track someone.