Do I feel old

Old 07-21-12, 05:07 AM
Do I feel old

I don't know if I have mentioned it here, but I have two young boys (1 and 3). well... Both where up early this morning so down stairs we went to watch TV while mom slept.
When I returned from the kitchen, I came to the realization here is my 3yrs old, channel surfing the internet (d-link Boxee).

When I was a kid, Saturday morning Channel surfing was channels 5 and 9 via rabit ears. We had a channel 13, but it was french.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-12, 05:15 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Ya, we only had two TV channels - NBC and CBS. Cable wasn't even an option yet.
My 12 yr old grandson knows more about computers and cell phones than I may ever know..... but he's also the kid that wanted to know if there was color in the world when I was a little boy How do you prove that when there were no color pictures?

Old 07-21-12, 07:40 AM
I remeber the first time I saw TV. My grandparents bought one about 1950. One channel out of Montreal that broadcast half the day in English and half the day in French.

By the time we got one a couple of years later we had an antenna on hte roof with a rotator on top of the TV and 3 channels, 2 of them in English.

Old 07-29-12, 08:01 PM
The Saturday morning Warner Brothers cartoons were an institution for me and my brother when we were growing up. My parents would drop off us kids at the grandparents on Saturday mornings, so they could do their weekly shopping in peace, and we'd happily watch cartoons all morning. I think there were also a couple other Saturday shows we watched too, such as Sky King and My Friend Flicka. Grandma lived in the boonies and could only get one channel (CBS) but that was good enough for us. My parents didn't get TV until I was 11 years old, and grandma bought that one for us.