Old 07-21-12, 07:46 AM
I never learn . . .

Getting ready to go out to dinner last night -

She says "Do these shoes look OK with my outfit?"

I say " You're asking me?"

She says "See anyone else in the room?"

I say "Nobody is going to look at your shoes'"

She says "Women will'"

We get to the restaureant and meet the other couple we were having dinner with. The first thing out of the other woman's mouth "Ooooh! I love your shoes."

I get "the look" from the wife.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-12, 11:13 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Ya, you can't never win when it comes to women's fashions. My wife used to ask me "should I wear the red dress or the blue one to church" - it doesn't matter what I say because when we get to church I'll notice she's wearing a green dress After years of this same question [different colors] I no longer answer and she no longer asks

Old 07-21-12, 01:55 PM
I have no fashion sense, so my wife knows better than to ask me.

Old 07-21-12, 03:51 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
OK, colors are one thing.....stay away, I mean totally away, from questions that intimate things like "are these pants too tight?", "should I wear a belt?", "should I wear the shirt on the outside?". These questions have absolutely no RIGHT answer and you will mess up every time.

Old 07-23-12, 06:15 AM
It's funny how we all have the same problem with these questions.
No matter what I answer, I'm wrong. Don't answer, I'm in trouble.

Old 07-23-12, 02:51 PM
Like the Marine drill sergeant yelling to a new recruit....."Do you love my wife???!!" Zero changes for a right answer.

Old 07-24-12, 05:50 AM
Like the Marine drill sergeant yelling to a new recruit....."Do you love my wife???!!" Zero changes for a right answer.
I'd be the smart bass who answers 'not married' (even though I am).
Good thing I took a different carreer path. The abuse I would take in basic training.

Old 07-24-12, 02:24 PM
OK, wifey is a career cardiac nurse (42 years so far) She has worked in many areas of hospitals over the years. The one that gets me is her ER training........called TRIAGE. She will ask me a question. I will answer it. She will change the sentence around and ask it again. Same answer, honey. Third time (triage)...Asked and answered, your honor. BUT she's good at it.

Old 07-24-12, 05:51 PM
I got into a "discussion" on another board with what I believe is a holdover feminist from the 80's. The discussion was about purse sizes for professional female athletes vs male athletes. Specifically LPGA. I said that if women supported women's sports the way that men support men's sports it wouldn't be an issue. So far so good.

Then I mentioned the fact that women spend 8 Billion a year just on cosmetics and billions more on hair, nails, clothes, shoes etc. and if they spent just 10% supprting female sports they wouldn't struggle. That got the ball rolling. Obviously I had hit a nerve.

Apparently women in some circles believe that the only reason women spend so much and shop so much is becasue they have been trained by a male dominated society to dress attractively for men. At least that was this woman's opinion.

Any man that has ever been married knows how wrong that is.

Old 07-24-12, 06:05 PM
Apparently women in some circles believe that the only reason women spend so much and shop so much is becasue they have been trained by a male dominated society to dress attractively for men. At least that was this woman's opinion.
Really? Go tell me who the editors of all the women's fashion magazines are. I don't think you will find any men. Nuff said.

Search this Thread