Anyone need rain? I am getting tired of the storms out here.

Old 08-10-12, 08:35 AM
Super Moderator
Anyone need rain? I am getting tired of the storms out here.

Major flash flooding, lightning strikes very severe, raining cats and dogs.....Ahhhhh !!! its the end of the world........

Anyway seems we been getting these every couple weeks. I don't remember it like this when I was a kid.

I also have to admit I am tired of mowing my lawn. Its like every other day now.

Name:  cur_ne_720x486.jpg
Views: 272
Size:  49.7 KB

Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-12, 08:52 AM
Super Moderator
Jersey seems to be getting their fair share of rain. For the most part, it seems to keep missing my area or we just get a little bit. Today, we're really getting it, but we need it. I'll pass on the winds and lightning tho.
But other places need it more. Maybe you can point a big fan their way!

Old 08-10-12, 09:22 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
I'm not so much tired of the rain as I am the heavy downpours. I've spent more time this year putting my driveway back together than I ever have A month ago I hadn't cut my grass in 3 weeks, now it's every week [probably should be more often] My garden is usually gone by august but it's still going.... but I've only gotten one cucumber and very few beans although the squash is doing real good

Hard to realize that many are in drought conditions as wet as it's been here the last month.

Old 08-10-12, 09:46 AM
Super Moderator
I've only gotten one cucumber and very few beans although the squash is doing real good

All my tomatoes are splitting from too much water. Cucumbers I got. The squash is one for every three. Some bug is eating them and I have to pick them before they get attacked. Carrots are excellent.....Lettuce did well.

I have earwig issues from the ground being so moist.

Old 08-10-12, 01:01 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I'm like Marksr, having to drag my driveway to the cabin almost every other day, and every day if I have renters in there. I'm tired. If it doesn't rain in the next few hours (as it has for the past week) I may get the ZTR out and cut the grass.....if not I will need to hook up the bush hog by Monday
Tuesday, Wx channel showed big green blob approaching, with hourly predictions of rain from 9 am till 1pm at 90% or greater. Good Vegas odds. I called my crew off. Did not rain one drop all day!! What do ya do???

Old 08-10-12, 01:19 PM
Super Moderator
drag my driveway
Dont know what that means. Dry?

I may get the ZTR out and cut the grass
ZTR must mean lawnmower?

if not I will need to hook up the bush hog by Monday
Bush hog is a big lawn mower?

What do ya do???
Go buy a flute and learn the rain dance song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nao6j-n0nz8&feature=player_embedded

Old 08-10-12, 01:28 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
drag my driveway
We have to use a scraper blade on the back of the tractor to pull the gravel up the road. I also have a manure bucket on the front of my tractor so I can also carry the gravel/slate up that way and dump it where I need it. Wet weather makes it harder to use the bucket, the wet gravel/slate weighs more than when it's dry and it's hard to get traction with the extra weight on the front

Old 08-10-12, 01:28 PM
Chandler has a long gravel driveway, city dwellers won't know about the maintenance required.

ZTR is a zero turn radius riding mower. Again, city dwellers won't need one.

Bush hog is a mower for use when the weeds get a foot tall. I'm a city dweller but I could sure use one now.

Old 08-10-12, 01:57 PM
Mike - We just got the stuff that passed through your area. The local weather guesser said it came down at a rate of 7" per hour. Winds to 60 mph and there's still a tornado warning just to the north of me.

After a few weeks of mowing every 9-10 days my lawn is growing at an April rate - right now it's several days past due and too wet to mow. It looks like crap.

My garden sucks, I've almost given up on it. After getting a great early tomato harvest my tomato plants now look like crap. They went from healthy and loaded to yellowed and rotting. I'll probably pull them this weekend. My strawberries are done, it's just been too wet and I got tired of fighting slugs and fungus. Peppers blossomed but never set. Next year it will be progress through chemicals. Weeds on the other hand are growing at an awesome rate.

I too have a gravel drive but fortunately mine is flat and the gravel stays in place. Except when the snow plow guy pushes it all over my lawn.

Old 08-10-12, 02:13 PM
I like the rain. It keeps the garage nice and cool so I can work on building Christmas stuff. Only time I have a problem with the rain is when I'm camping and end up spending the entire time pressing the reset button on my inverter's gfi.

Old 08-26-12, 10:03 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
The rains win – the grass is about 3 ft tall. I could use a bush hog!

Old 08-27-12, 05:30 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Kind of strange where the rain falls. Friday around 5pm, the racetrack got a big downpour and cancelled qualifying, downtown had some flooded streets but we got no rain [only about 10 mile away]. My grass is starting to turn brown again but at least my driveway hasn't washed out in over a week