If I see one more poltical ad....

Old 09-12-12, 03:35 PM
If I see one more poltical ad....

I'm really sick of all these crappy political tv ads. I'm going to vote against the person who runs the last negative ad I see before the election. If 10% of the people did this, those ads would stop really fast. Join me in being pissed off.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-12, 03:47 PM
Super Moderator
I have to say...I feel the same. Tell me what you have done and what you will do...but don't be negative about the other candidate. And I've carried that down to the local level...not just national.

I vote the person..not the slickness of their ads.

Old 09-12-12, 04:46 PM
I get so sick of all the crap and lies from all across the political spectrum that I have to talk myself into voting.

I will think I'm ready to support a candidate and then up pops one of their ads accusing their opponent of doing something nefarious that I know is pure BS and I just want to say screw them all, I ain't voting this year. I've been around for a while and I have concluded that they are all liars that will do and say anything to get elected.

OTOH I watched Hillary Clinton's response to the terrorist attacks in Libya and concluded that she would have made a better president than the one we have now.

Surprised the crap out of me!

Old 09-12-12, 04:49 PM
I rarely vote for anyone. Mostly I vote against. For my local elections, it's usually the candidates own information they send out the convince me to vote against them.

Thankfully I'm not in the demographic of being shown political ads so I don't have to deal with them very much.

Old 09-12-12, 06:28 PM
I don't like the political ads either but I am voting and the negative ads will not stop me from voting. I will not say who I am voting for but will say I am voting for change as I don't like what congress is doing or the president. I think what people have to do is look beyond the political ads and then vote for whoever they think will do the better job. It is also important to do more research this year to see who has the better credentials and look more closely at the different issues that will come up. In Maryland for instance we have Question 7 and on Question 7 it asks if you are for or against extended gambling in Prince George county which could bring more jobs and maybe even keep taxes down but of course could cause problems with people gambling too. So unfortunately there are no easy answers this year and we just have to do our best.

Old 09-12-12, 07:25 PM
Super Moderator
The next president of the United States 2016..... Keep an eye on him. 59 % approval rate. I love him

Gov. Chris Christie

Just my opinion....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XWBYSIZepQ&playnext=1&list=PLkSysndkBWvHZNEUPpvnv3UcPyqoGN3Gf&feature=results_main

Old 09-12-12, 08:08 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
7pm Nov.6, 2012, hopefully all you will hear is the sound of a large toilet being flushed. I'll do my part.

Old 09-12-12, 08:29 PM
Super Moderator
7pm Nov.6, 2012, hopefully all you will hear is the sound of a large toilet being flushed. I'll do my part
I may be slow but I don't get it.....Obama?

Old 09-12-12, 10:09 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Being in a so called swing state, we are inundated with political ads from both the candidates and from their "super pacs". Add to that, a half dozen or so daily robo calls - usually a toll free number and from any state.

I would love to dump ALL of the incumbents and their "king makers" who force them to sign certain pledges in order to get backing.

Old 09-13-12, 02:58 AM
Mike, you can't separate things in the toilet when you flush it. It all has to go down or get stopped up. Right now, it is to a point where a "change" might give us "hope". Was that un political enough?

Old 09-13-12, 05:18 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
I always vote but this year I'm not sure there are any candidates I'm for...... but a slew of them that I'm against. Almost wish there was a viable third party - but I don't want to throw away my vote either

Old 09-13-12, 07:35 AM
Admin Emeritus

My Two Cents on Voting.

IMO, it's not the candidate. It's the party.

If you're a business owner, regardless of the size of your business, company or the number of employees that work for you, you should be voting for the Republican party. They are the party of the employers, business and company owners.

If on the other hand you're an employee of a business, company or employee of the federal or state government at any level, you should be voting the Democratic party. They are the party of the employee.

IMO, voting the opposite party is like cutting your own throat... Voting against you're own best interests. Voting social issues, as a result of personal or religious beliefs, does not benefit you in any way I am aware of. It's just an attempt to impose your will on the rest of the citizens of this country.

Social issues benefits no one. It does not insure nor protect your job, increase your wages, benefits, working conditions, chances for advancements nor your financial income, etc. IMO, an employee should consider the benefits that may result voting their party and not that of the other party. Simply stated as what's in your own best interests.

IMO, neither candidate will stop negative campaigning. Nor stop the MUD slinging. Both parties will tell us what we want to hear and what they hope to due or accomplish. Providing congress approves. If the last several years are of any evidence or representation of what to expect, not much was nor will be accomplished in the years ahead. And that will continue regardless of any change of parties.

IMO, we taxpayers shelled out lot's of money paying our representatives to get little or nothing done on all our behalf's. I, like many others have lost confidence in getting things done on behalf of our country, in it's best interests and in the benefit of all it's citizens. They only ones whom benefited is our elected officals!...

Old 09-13-12, 08:44 AM
Super Moderator
Mike...I like Christie as well...from what I've seen of him. (never thought I'd say that about any NJ politician...lol). Dude needs to drop a few pounds though...this isn't the early 1900's.

Old 09-13-12, 12:11 PM
Group Moderator
My opinion parties should be outlawed. Parties and the Electoral College prevent a really fair choice for president. President should be a truly open Election with a series of run off elections.

Any one who can get x number of signatures in y number of states should be able to run. X would be based on a percentage of actual votes cast in the previous presidential election. Y would be a reasonable percentage such a 50% of the states. Campaign advertising would be severely limited with most being provided by the media for free in return for tax breaks.

Top 50% of the vote recipients in the first preliminary run off would run in a second election. If no one got a 60% majority a final election between the top three vote getters. Winer is president runner up is vice president.

Old 09-13-12, 01:08 PM
I am with you Ray I think parties should be outlawed too. When I first registered to vote in my teens a teacher at my school kind of pressured students into registering as Democrats. So I registered as A Democrat and Voted For Jimmy Carter that was also during the Iran mess and Reagan won. Well in a way I was disappointed at first and then really happy he had won so in the next election I voted for Reagan as a Democrat. Well after Reagan I really didn't like much of what was going on so one year I didn't vote at all and the next election I didn't vote. By the time the next election came though I wanted to vote again so I re-registered to vote only this time as an independent. I think if more people who were disgusted with the way politicians act became independents then maybe the political parties would start to listen. So I kind of pick and choose myself when I vote and I am really for neither party and I really like that better.

Old 09-13-12, 02:44 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
I've always been somewhere between republican and independent but if you are registered as an independent - does that mean you can't vote in the primaries?

Old 09-13-12, 03:40 PM
Group Moderator
I've always been somewhere between republican and independent but if you are registered as an independent - does that mean you can't vote in the primaries?
Now you bring up another pet peeve of mine. You are only allowed to vote in one party primary in my state. So if you say want to vote for a Democratic candidate for state Senate and a Republican candidate for House you can only vote for one of them because you can't vote in both primaries. The man you want could loose the right to run in the general election because of votes lost for that reason.

Old 09-13-12, 03:58 PM
Super Moderator
Yeah...I agree Ray..been having that discussion on our local newspaper page. Here we have a Presidential Preference election...which is nothing more than an opinion poll for the parties that participate. Millions of dollars spent with no legal standing,

Old 09-13-12, 03:59 PM
I don't think Christie has a shot at president. He does have some popularity across the country, but the reality is guys like him don't make it to Washington. You need to tow the party line to get into that club. I've seen several guys in the last decade or so change their tune quite a bit when running for president.

I think Here in NJ anyone can vote in the primaries regardless of party affiliation. It used to be that you had to declare and could only vote for the party you were registered in. That does make a bit of sense to me. I don't think Republicans should be able to influence who the Democrats decide to run for a given political seat. The primaries are the party's business, not the publics. Not that I like either of them.

Old 09-13-12, 04:37 PM
Group Moderator
On the lighter side many years ago there was a movement in Louisiana (the land of honest politicians) to add None Of The Above to the list of candidates for each office. Never got far but it would have been interesting if it had.

Old 09-13-12, 06:08 PM
Super Moderator
I don't think Christie has a shot at president. He does have some popularity across the country, but the reality is guys like him don't make it to Washington. You need to tow the party line to get into that club. I've seen several guys in the last decade or so change their tune quite a bit when running for president.
The problem is Christie could have ran this year if he wanted to. This would of been the best year for him IMO. If he was running he would get my vote before the other two idiots.....Just my opinion...LOL. Who would you guys of voted for if he were in the race?

I am not an Obama supporter to some extent, but IMO to keep him in is probably the best for the country at this time. Romney......Ugggg... Just not on board and he may rock the boat worse...

Think about it....

I have more but will stop here. I don't know the policy here regarding politics....but this is general chats forum...

Also with Libya, Pakistan,...etc and the middle east stuff keep with what we know with the two choices we have....

Again Just my opinion...

Old 09-13-12, 10:13 PM
I respect your opinion Mike but for me the middle east stuff is trivial and not as important. Sure I think it needs to be watched but my mind is more centered on the economy and in my opinion this president hasn't done a good job he has put this nation in too much debt. As a for instance I point to the auto industry and how that should have been handled by private industry in my opinion it would have been better handled. There are other reasons too but I don't want to get political.

Old 09-14-12, 03:55 AM
Has anyone noticed during the last 4 years how the Presidency slowly evolved into a Monarchy? Seriously, dig deeper into the appointments and to the "czar" thing. Look at the executive decisions that affected us daily (auto bailouts). None of it was run past Congress. What happened in the last 4 years will multiply algebraically in the next 4 if allowed, IMO. The office has its limitations, thus the separation of powers in the Constitution. It has become blurred lately.

Old 09-14-12, 04:13 AM
HC - I wonder if the families of those guys killed in Libya consider their deaths trivial and unimportant?

Old 09-14-12, 04:18 AM
Larry,

Not just from the oval office. Government continues to stomp all over civil rights. Yesterday the Fuhrer of New York got his soda ban and I saw a report last night on the news about a federally mandated program (Michelle Obama's pet project) requiring that each student MUST take two pieces of fruit with their school lunch. The crux of the report was that an estimated 80-90% of the fruit ended up in hte trash can.
Every day there seems to be another government attack on individual freedoms.

Old 09-14-12, 01:19 PM
Wayne I wasn't referring to those people who died of course that was very tragic. No instead I personally think we have stuck our noses into too many different countries businesses. We still need a presence around the world but maybe not just everywhere and especially not in harms way all of the time. At the same time we don't want to offend the rest of the world either. So it is a tricky balancing act between being safe and being in harms way. If anything I think the ambassador to Libya was a hero as he tried to save others in the embassy even though he knew it wasn't safe. He was also by all accounts a very kind person who tried to help people and so did his staff. The president was right in honoring his return today.
I also agree that there are too many assaults on our freedom here at home which is one of the reasons I want to vote for change. It is why I said we need to think more about here at home instead of over there. Except when someone attacks us or if something somewhere else will really effect us greatly over here.

Old 09-14-12, 01:56 PM
Bring all our people and infrastructure home and let 'em eat sand. We are far too benevolent to nations needing our help to allow their governments to undermine our intents. These attacks were premeditated to coincide with 9/11 no matter what NBC says. And the leaders of these countries snicker under their breath knowing we'll keep on with our infusion of money and "stuff" to bolster their economies.
Sorry for the rage.

Old 09-14-12, 04:50 PM
I grew up in Jersey which might be why I like Christe. I think it is more than that though, every once in a while he says something that is the truth but politicians are afraid to say. I also like when he goes on offense against some idiot.

If I had my choise though, I would choose Bloomberg, yea I know, everyone is making fun of him because of the soft drink thing, but for the most part, he is not afraid to tell people bad news, where other politicians are trying to please everybody and afraid to offend anyone.

As far as the primary thing you guys mentioned, at the state level California has changed there system to what I consider the solution. The top 2 canidates from the primary get to run against each other now, it doesn't mater what party they are in, so you could have 2 republicans or 2 democrats.

Full disclosure, angry white guy, started democratic, went to independent and could jump to republican if they would stop messin with all the social issues.

.....and by the way, after having correspondonded with a number of you in the past, I respect all of you guys opinions more than any of those taking heads on TV

Old 09-15-12, 05:27 AM
Bloomberg is a smart guy but unfortunately he's one of those politiicans that feels he was put on hte earth to protect the little people from themselves.

Christie is one of the few politicians around that I can respect. What you see is what you get.

Old 09-15-12, 12:10 PM
I don't love Christie, but I that he is at least doing something. The previous 27 governors we had before him did nothing. So at least he has that going for him. I think the only politician I respect at all is the mayor of Newark, NJ, Corey Booker. He's the only politician I know that takes his responsibility of running the city seriously. He isn't doing it to go to the next level.

Old 09-15-12, 12:22 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
That's the biggest thing that gets me about the political parties. It seems the Democrats just want to beat the Republicans and vice versa..... and nobody cares about doing the job they were elected to do

Old 09-15-12, 02:18 PM
That's why I hate the parties. It's a game about winning, not getting the best person in and doing what is best for the country. If anything is presented by on side, the other side automatically takes the opposing view. Doesn't matter if it is something they have never discussed before.

Old 09-21-12, 06:46 AM
Group Moderator
Not to revive the thread, but are we down here in Florida the only ones being inundated with the Dem's "Romney and the Republicans are going to take away Grandma's social security and medicare" scare ads? I'm guessing Vic at least is getting these, too, given the retiree population out there.

Pity the poor politicians who happen to be in office when SS and medicare collapse under their own weight some time later this century. Unfortunately all the Washington idiots who could be doing something NOW are more interested in getting elected/reelected and will be dead and buried when the bill comes due.

Old 09-21-12, 07:33 AM
Super Moderator
I'm not sure what I see the most...I tune them out most times. I just know I keep hearing Bill Clinton a in the ads a lot...no clue what he says.

Old 09-21-12, 09:29 AM
Super Moderator
I keep hearing Bill Clinton a in the ads a lot...no clue what he says.
He's saying the complete opposite of what he said when his wife was running, lol!

I always think of all the things that could be done with all that money thrown away for campaigning!

Old 09-21-12, 09:50 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
I think that it's Bill's way of saying thanks to Obama for giving Hillary a job that keeps her out of the country.

When the cats away - - - - - - -Bill can play.

Search this Thread