British Royal Family

Old 09-15-12, 01:49 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
British Royal Family

HEY! Y'all can't keep your clothes on???? First Harry drunk and nekkid, and now Kate without her swimsuit top on. What do you expect the world to do, close their eyes? Get a grip on how you are to lead your life, or get ready for the consequences.

I love the simple life.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-12, 03:28 PM
Group Moderator
I spend a lot of time in other parts of the world where various levels of undress are normal. So Kate being topless is nothing beyond a pretty topless woman and you can see similar on any beach in Europe.

Nobody wants a photo of us normal people so we can go about our lives without being harassed. Celebrities and VIP's though can have a hard life just not being free to live without a camera trying to catch anything and everything. Oh, why did she do it where she could be seen? Well, with modern technology it's pretty hard to be somewhere where you cannot be seen.

Lindsay Lohan coming out of a club is one thing. Lying by the pool at your house is another. Especially if your house happens to be well away from everyone else and the only way you can get a revealing photo is with a very expensive telephoto lens.

Most of the windows in our house don't have curtains. There's no need for them except to block the light out when we want to sleep in. Will I be mad if someone snuck through the woods to take pictures of me getting out of the shower? (Probably depends if it's a good shot and if it was cold.) Do I have a right to privacy in my house and in my yard?

Harry in Vegas... that's a different story. You don't ever get naked in Vegas with cameras or cell phone around unless you're ready for it to get out. What do you think is going to happen? That's his own stupid fault or a publicity stunt.

Old 09-15-12, 03:41 PM
Super Moderator
I love the simple life.
Well...doesn't that include not worrying about clothes when you are just around the pool or creek on your own property? Sure...you have to have consideration for the neighbors.

As PD said...the young Prince made a bad choice...but in a large part of the world just laying around topless is no big deal.

Funny thing is...most of the uproar (from what I've read) is just in Britain and some other parts of the UK. I doubt Australia, Bermuda, or Canada types really care.

Old 09-15-12, 03:55 PM
I agree there is public nudity in some parts of the world that is acceptable, like nude beaches, etc. BUT, this is ROYALTY, not Sissy, your next door neighbor lying in her pool nude. I believe there is certain rules of decorum that people in that strata should abide by. They know they are the hottest thing to hit a camera lens, so they know the paparazzi is out there just waiting for a shot. You give 'em one, they'll take it and it will be on the front page of the Enquirer tomorrow. Acceptable?? Just wait 'til your momma gets home!!

Old 09-25-12, 09:00 AM
they shouldnt be invading your privacy like that no matter who you are!

Old 09-25-12, 09:07 AM
How about the American "royalty" - the Kardashians?

Privacy is dictated by the person choosing the location and what is going on. I saw an 80year old woman on a beach in St. Maartin and nobody cared, but I could not "bare" to watch.

Dick

Old 09-25-12, 09:10 AM
exactly, if your in a hotel room, or on private land it shouldnt be allowed, if your on a public beach, street, or wherever then that is different.

Old 09-25-12, 09:18 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
they shouldnt be invading your privacy like that no matter who you are!
I agree!! but that's probably the only way those trash magazines can make a profit.

Well...doesn't that include not worrying about clothes when you are just around the pool or creek on your own property? Sure...you have to have consideration for the neighbors.
I suspect I could run around naked in my front yard all day long and with the exception of an occasional low flying aircraft - nobody would know.... not that I'd want to or anyone would want to see I think it's a shame that celebrities have to take extra measures to protect their privacy.

Old 09-25-12, 01:18 PM
Like PilotDan I have spent a lot of time in Europe. They have different ideas about nudity. IMO much healthier than ours. The point is that this woman was on private property where she should have every expectation of privacy. IMO there's not a whole lot of difference between using a telephoto lens and peeking in the window.

Larry, try making it personal. Consider if your wife opted to sunbath au naturale on your deck at home and some jerk with a telephoto lens was taking photos and posting them on You Tube.

Old 09-25-12, 01:21 PM
Celebrities make their place known in the world by things like being nude, or being "caught" doing things they shouldn't.
The British Royalty aren't celebrities, per se. Yes they are famous and are thrust into the public eye, but hardly the common celebrity status like the Kardasians. "Common" is the lowest form of word I could think of.
Really, what would you think if Hillary Clinton was caught.............never mind, bad example.

Old 09-25-12, 03:19 PM
Larry - Good call on Hillary.

The British royals are aware of the press there that is fanatical even more than the Germans.

Harry and Kate probably thought the local press in other countries would not be as fanatical as their local press. - Problem is that free-lance photographers can sell the photos anywhere and those papers in the U.K. are brutal and will pay for anything. The same applies to wanna-bees that are looking to make a name one way or another.

Dick

Old 09-25-12, 04:42 PM
I wish my biggest problem was photos of me topless in magazines and newspapers.

Old 09-25-12, 05:14 PM
eeewwwwww!!!!................

Old 09-25-12, 07:34 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Just wait until the U.S. as well as England and other countries get their drones flying. You wont even have privacy in your house - if you have a skylight.

Old 09-26-12, 04:42 AM
Group Moderator
I suspect I could run around naked in my front yard all day long and with the exception of an occasional low flying aircraft - nobody would know....
Mark, better check Google Earth; I think they caught you on the last photo pass.

Old 09-26-12, 04:33 PM
Just wait until the U.S. as well as England and other countries get their drones flying. You wont even have privacy in your house - if you have a skylight.
That's what shades are for.

It turns out someone developed a way to see you moving in your home using the wireless routers located nearby. The benefit to this technology is that it is passive so you would never know when it was being used against you. At the moment, they can't see where you are if you stand still. It works through very thick walls as well. Thicker than the walls in that other thread.

Old 09-30-12, 01:15 PM
FLIR on a helicopter can detect a whole lot more than you think, and that is old technology. It may be only heat, but until you die, you put off heat.

Old 09-30-12, 01:48 PM
Group Moderator
I have a FLIR optic for night hunting and it's really spooky what you can see. Traditional night vision offers better acuity when conditions are good but the IR technology is simply magical and spooky. Totally dark or foggy it sees reliably and the view does not really change day or night. Surprisingly, at least with the tech I have, I cannot see through windows (glass, plexi or lexan) day or night which it sees as a solid surface. I can see through light fabrics and window screens depending on their range and orientation and seeing the studs in walls and even the joints between sheets of sheetrock and the nails holding them to the wall is possible under some conditions. Still, not a chance of seeing through the walls to people inside. I suppose the gov't has some better tech but I think IR has it's limitations like everything else.

Old 09-30-12, 02:06 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Place we used to live, we had an outdoor spa. We would sometimes have the Sheriff's chopper - equiped with FLIR fly over. 20 something degrees out and a bright spot at 103 degrees. We would wave but never knew if they waved back.

Old 09-30-12, 03:00 PM
I heard a story of police using FLIR to find grow ops in people's homes by just driving around. The courts ruled this to be illegal if they did not have a search warrant.

Old 10-01-12, 03:23 AM
Droo, I have posted it before, but DEA called local sheriff and sheriff called me to ask what I was growing once. Had an 8' tall 16 bulb seeding rack set up for wifey near a window and fly over detected grow light spectrum. Good thing it was a small town/county. Could just imagine what would have happened if I had lived in downtown Atlanta..........25 SWAT team members, all dressed in black.........Oh, gosh I love the country.

Old 10-02-12, 02:49 PM
Droo, I have posted it before, but DEA called local sheriff and sheriff called me to ask what I was growing once. Had an 8' tall 16 bulb seeding rack set up for wifey near a window and fly over detected grow light spectrum. Good thing it was a small town/county. Could just imagine what would have happened if I had lived in downtown Atlanta..........25 SWAT team members, all dressed in black.........Oh, gosh I love the country.
I think I'm going to start my plants this year in the garage instead of the basement this year just to try this. (Garage has windows)