More government interference

Old 09-27-12, 06:09 PM
I, a high-school student, hate this new lunch program. While my school doesn't have any restrictions on what you can pack, the lunches changed dramatically. Now, all of the lunches are is processed junk, skim milk, and under portioned alternatives. What I really hate is not being able to get whole milk, and being forced to take a piece of rotten fruit.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-12, 06:24 PM
Super Moderator
Well....there we go...from the horses mouth. Thanks Justin.

Old 09-27-12, 06:34 PM
Ooh, to top this all off, I'm 5'11, and I only weigh 135. All of my friends are skinny like me, too must I add.

Old 09-28-12, 06:01 AM
Justin - Last night the local news had a follow up on the lunch program fall out. Not only are the kids tossing the mandatory fruit but they are also complaining that they are hungry. Apparently the new lower calorie lunches don't meet the needs of a lot of students. Coaches are complaining that their athletes just aren't getting the nutrition htey require.

I still say the "fat" epidemic is largely invented. I often pick up my grandkids at school and I go to most of their soccer games. I'm not seeing a whole lot of overweight kids. If there is an obesity problem it's more likely among adults.

Old 09-28-12, 06:31 PM
In my opinion, the best thing for the students would be to feed us fresh food, cooked on the spot, with locally-sourced ingredients wherever possible. There's no reason they can't have homemade soups and just about everything else, fresh fruit, whole milk, water that's not ala carte, and many of the things you had when you grew up. We'll definitely be much healthier and better nourished.