Us Teenagers.

Old 10-13-12, 09:49 PM
Us Teenagers.

I just got back from another one of my fires. I made a video and took a few pictures to post on Facebook, and I'm sharing a select few with you guys.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voj2BLLhV_E Here's my power and lighting during the daytime.

Here's the overall area, with people and the fire still being kindled.

Here's more of the lighting.

Here's my computer, receiver, and worklight.

I just installed a brand new keyboard and this has to happen not even 6 hours later

And now, here's the fire!

And, finally, the lighting panel.

I'm looking forward to reading your comments!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-12, 10:58 PM
Man, you sure do put a lot of work into having fun!

Go for it. Work hard, play hard. And it does look like a lot of fun.

Old 10-13-12, 11:34 PM
Group Moderator
That is awesome. Generator, power cables, distribution box. It all looks so familiar. Party hearty dude !!

Old 10-14-12, 10:06 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Looks like a blast, Justin. Congratulations on having good clean fun. We were stuck using the battery out of Fred's '55 Chevy with a couple of headlights alligator clipped to it for "down" lighting. Had to jump him off afterwards. We used railroad warning kerosene lamps (looked like a little cannonball) for general lighting. Fire's the same.

Old 10-14-12, 07:30 PM
Nice job Justin too bad your laptop was damaged. If you want to replace the screen I suggest e-bay as it really will be cheaper there than at most other places and probably easier to find there. Sometimes I have found buying a broken down laptop with a good screen is your best bet as then you can get other parts off of it too. You guys are a good bunch of people having good clean fun!

Old 10-14-12, 08:53 PM
Man, you sure do put a lot of work into having fun!

Go for it. Work hard, play hard. And it does look like a lot of fun.
You'd be surprised how little I have to set up. I leave the string of lights up. (I put them up in the end of August, so I still got a bit to go on the 90 days) That long cord is on a spool I got for free at the SH, and my grandpa gave me the wire. I put the spool on a stick of EMT and run with the plug. Takes about 5 minutes to put out, start the genny, and plug in the panel. Then I run that Orange cord for the audio equipment, my friend connects his speakers to my preamp, then I run an optical cable between my computer and my preamp. Total setup time is about 20 minutes.

And, everyone had fun and is looking forward to the next one.

Looks like a blast, Justin. Congratulations on having good clean fun. We were stuck using the battery out of Fred's '55 Chevy with a couple of headlights alligator clipped to it for "down" lighting. Had to jump him off afterwards. We used railroad warning kerosene lamps (looked like a little cannonball) for general lighting. Fire's the same.
I wish more parents would realize how clean this is, as some won't allow my friends to come because they think this is going to be a bunch of guys drinking, or one said it's not safe.

I'm still surprised you guys didn't have any way to generate AC power. Heck, I could have three phase there if I wanted.

We had 3 trucks filled up with wood, and it's all gone! I also burned about a dozen light bulbs, soda cans, and waste oil. After most everybody left, I threw in a can of WD40 and ran about 250' away. That was awesome.
Nice job Justin too bad your laptop was damaged. If you want to replace the screen I suggest e-bay as it really will be cheaper there than at most other places and probably easier to find there. Sometimes I have found buying a broken down laptop with a good screen is your best bet as then you can get other parts off of it too. You guys are a good bunch of people having good clean fun!
Yeah, this was my second screen, and I already killed my keyboard. Replaced both from Ebay, and I may as well upgrade the ram, as with Chrome, Skype, Banshee, Gwibbler, and Firefox open, I'm using 3.2/4 GiB.

When I create the event on Facebook, I specifically mention no drugs or alcohol are permitted. It also helps that my dad works for the State Police, so those kinds of people tend to avoid these.