I am ok.....

Old 11-03-12, 06:26 AM
Super Moderator
I am ok.....

It was pretty frighting, I can tell you...... Just to let you know we survived...

My saying:

"When walking in hell you just need to keep moving"

I am hacking into a neighbors internet so limited online. I have no internet or tv, just power.

Power just on this morning. Cell phone just working yesterday. Tried to post from cell phone yesterday but did not work.

You guys probably know more then me what happened here in NJ. We have no communication at all and I have not seen any pics, but just from what the radio is telling us its pretty bad.

I will try to post as the day goes on, but I have a lot to do yet...

God bless everyone that has been affected by this terrible storm.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-12, 06:49 AM
Super Moderator
Old 11-03-12, 08:46 AM
Super Moderator
Glad you're OK, Mike.
Living near the worst hit areas, I've been watching the news alot, which has been showing constant coverage, and I'm really shocked to see all that damage.
Very depressing. Never thought I'd see anything like that.

Old 11-03-12, 09:04 AM
Mike, glad to hear you are ok. I didn't get a good look at pics until early this morning when the power came back. It's really bad. Union Beach has a lot of devastation. All along the shore has been hit pretty hard as that was expected.

Old 11-03-12, 09:14 AM
Group Moderator
Good to hear you made it through. Wishing you the best possible under the circumstances for the coming days and unfortunately probably weeks.

Any flooding at your house?

Old 11-03-12, 01:54 PM
Mike - Glad to hear you made it through "feet dry". Run out of beer yet?

Old 11-03-12, 02:18 PM
I, too, am glad you made it through. What kind of damage did you personally experience?

Anybody know how NJTrooper has fared?

Old 11-03-12, 03:07 PM
I am glad you are o.k. Mike I heard about houses being buried in sand up there and worried that one of them was yours or someone else who is on the forum and who lives up there. You and the other folks from New Jersey as well as others who live in other states too have given me invaluable advice that sure has helped. I will be glad when everything is repaired and back to normal.

Old 11-03-12, 03:14 PM
Super Moderator
I have very sporadic internet. Managed to only get back on now from last post. Not sure how long it will last.

No damage at all. No flooding. Two trees down in neighbors that fell the other way or it would have taken my house out. Tall white oaks.

Fence section blew away.
Cover for gas grill is lost....LOL
Generator was cranking away. I conserved fuel and only used in morning and night for heat, refrigerator, lights...etc
Microwave here and there, toaster oven...ect.
Ran washer and dryer on day 3 to get clean clothes.
Took hot showers and all was good. Well pump ran flawless.
Ran refrigerator every couple hours.

Went through less then 15 gallons of fuel. ( gen small and sips fuel.)

Guy was selling 5000 watt gens for $1800 cash only....funny this is he sold them all.... ( Crook)

Worried about trooper....

Old 11-03-12, 03:19 PM
Super Moderator
Trooper is way closer to the ocean then I am. His area got hit hard from what I read.

Possibly he is ok and waiting for TV/internet which is usually last.

Like I said I am hacking in from a neighbor one block over. They are back with TV/internet yet we are not.

Signal very weak....

Old 11-03-12, 03:43 PM
Thanks for the update, Mike. Hang in there.

Old 11-03-12, 03:50 PM
Super Moderator
We have odd and even days for gas... It makes it better then the 2 mile lines that were out there.

Goes by license plate #.

Had to fight for gas on day 3 to fill my cans. Did not want gas in the car. I figured it was easier to fill my can and put it in the car. I went to the front of the line because they has a pump just for cans....LOL.

Old 11-04-12, 04:10 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Glad you came thru ok MIke!

I've been reading about the gas lines in your state. One article told of a man that pulled out a handgun in a dispute over the pump - he now faces 15 yrs prison time..... all over gasoline

Old 11-04-12, 07:02 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
I love people who see the bigger picture. Short line at pump for cans, go there and fill up multiple times, or waste your whole day and whatever gas you have in your tank idling waiting for a fill-up. Nothing more irritating that sitting in line all day.

When Isabel came through, was without power for 2 weeks. Never dampened my spirits. Spent the first 3 days helping neighbors before I turned my attention to clearing the 15 trees that were down in my yard. Its a time to bond with your fellow human beings, not scrap over a couple gallons of gas.

Old 11-04-12, 07:10 AM
I think these incidents are few. I went and waited 90 minutes in line for gas. Now one got heated about anything. The guys at the gas station were good at getting people in and out in an orderly fashion.

You don't need to keep you vehicle running when waiting in a gas line. It doesn't constantly move. So I shut mine off in between movements.

Old 11-04-12, 10:17 PM
Group Moderator
I've been on genny since last Sunday night and still am as of now. Bulk of town is back on. Cable system fired up so I got internet back. Have a roof top antenna up so I had NY stations to watch. My primary vehicle is diesel. Towns around me ran dry and tapped most of the local stations. Got to fill up yesterday for 4.99 a gallon and, of course, cash only. A 150.00 fill up

Old 11-05-12, 05:07 AM
Glad to hear you made it through ok.
Just Trooper left to check in. Hope he faired out ok. He was saying he was going to be in a bad spot before the storm came in.

Old 11-05-12, 03:40 PM
4.99 a gallon? Sounds like a price gouge to me.

Old 11-05-12, 07:34 PM
I'm glad you're ok, and sustained little damage. See you around the forums.

Old 11-06-12, 05:32 AM
Originally Posted by drooplug
4.99 a gallon? Sounds like a price gouge to me.
That is just a hair more then us Canadians are paying currently. Fuel prices have gone down since the summer and we're at a low, low price here of $1.249 per liter ($4.728US gallon).
I paid as high as $5.674US gallon this summer for regular.