More trouble....Nor' easter is a coming..........

Old 11-06-12, 07:13 AM
Super Moderator
More trouble....Nor' easter is a coming..........

Hmmm, just got TV back on and here comes more trouble...

Up to 60 MPH gusts....Ugggg!!!!!

http://alerts.weather.gov/cap/wwacap...b5d9c9b0b0ef2f

Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-12, 07:49 AM
You guys can't get a break.
Once all that is done with, winter will be in full swing. Construction/repairs in cold/snow is not fun.

Old 11-06-12, 10:03 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Hope your weatherman is wrong! Wish the best for you all where the storm hit hardest

Old 11-06-12, 12:52 PM
last week I heard snow may be on its way, this week I hear rain.

weird NJ all right, one week we get struck head on by Sandy, now this?? OK, who ticked off mother nature???

I am sure the public works employees have lives of their own as well, and at one time in their lives they need time off or a break from work, mother nature, please, allow some of them guys to go on vacation without the mess!

to the person who has the Groucho Marx signature, I have heard of him, my favorite is "outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend, inside of a dog, its too dark to read"

-Jess the doordoctor

Old 11-07-12, 02:15 PM
Super Moderator
Well the blizzard is here... 2" of heavy snow already. Heavy on the wires and trees...Uggg. Now the temp will drop tonight with 60 mph wind gusts....

Well you may not hear from me for a couple days again. Or other NJ folk.

Current radar as of this post.

Attached Images  
Old 11-07-12, 02:22 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
What did y'all do to mother nature to get her so mad at you
Hope you all come thru it ok.

Old 11-07-12, 04:25 PM
Super Moderator
Hmmmm...4" snow here...Power out next block. I am next...Uggg...

What did y'all do to mother nature to get her so mad at you
I did a old Indian rain dance in the summer...could that of been it?

Old 11-07-12, 04:43 PM
Who knows! But it all is gonna help juice the construction industry here in NJ. All those multi million dollar homes that got destroyed will need to be rebuilt. Maybe I won't get laid off at XMas this year!

Old 11-07-12, 08:29 PM
Super Moderator
Power out again....Uggg Sparks are lighting up the sky here...

I am on Generator. Internet still running, but may not be on for a few days if we lose it.

This is as bad as Sandy.

Trees falling from the weight of the snow left and right.

Old 11-07-12, 09:14 PM
I sure am sorry to see all of the bad weather up there and wish it wasn't so bad. I saw some of it on tv down here but didn't realize you had more trees coming down it is a real shame.

Old 11-07-12, 09:49 PM
Super Moderator
Thanks for the sympathy... I am getting ready to shut the gen down for the night.

Hope I wake up to no trees on my house tonight... There is one leaner I am worried about.

Why waste fuel. I may be running all day tomorrow.

Old 11-08-12, 04:52 AM
Lawrosa and Marksr and Drooplug,

no idea what or who ticked off mother nature, I got 3.5 inches of snow overnight, and I still have power.

well I have heard once that the east coast of the united states does get the worst of the weather,

-doordoctor

Old 11-08-12, 05:10 AM
I still have power. Didn't get too much snow here in Keyport. The East Coast may get the worst weather over all, but NJ is very low risk as far natural disasters go. This nor-easter is standard fare for us. It just so happens it followed up the biggest storm to hit the area for several decades.

Old 11-10-12, 06:20 AM
Super Moderator
I'm alive....LOL

Power back on this morning..... It was pretty scary. Major wires and poles down again.

Here is what this second storm brought and why I lost power again.

Last pic is Betsy the generator. That baby kept me warm, hot showers, lights etc, and has served me well. Paid for itself 1000 times over already.

Notice the killowatt meter on the gen to monitor the Hz and voltage, as well as the polarity tester to make sure my connection is correct. I keep the killowatt in the home and monitor from an outlet.

Attached Images        
Old 11-10-12, 06:28 AM
Nice! I like snow, but that snow was real heavy! I'm surprised at how much you guys got. I heard Freehold got like 13". We only had 2" at the most here.

Old 11-10-12, 06:29 AM
Hello Lawrosa,

nice photos of your snowfall, it only fell 3.5 inches here. I guess you are in the Pocono area or close to NYC, I hope things are getting better for you and your family and Betsy gets a rest until next big storm where power goes out.

about Betsy, is she a Honda or Generac?? how many hours of power does one tank of gas provide???

-Jess the doordoctor

Old 11-10-12, 06:51 AM
Super Moderator
Freehold got like 13". We only had 2" at the most here
Your closer to the water Droo... We got about 12" or so. Crazy it will be 65F tomorrow...LOL

about Betsy, is she a Honda or Generac?? how many hours of power does one tank of gas provide???
Its a modified Coleman. I could run with my loads probably close to 20 hours per tank. 4 gallons.

Old 11-10-12, 09:55 AM
To be honest, I'm not sure how much of an effect the bay has on snow fall. I know with nor-easters, the snow travels from south to north. Usually the south gets more than the north.

I see they took out cities away again. DOORDOCTOR, lawrosa and I are both in Monmouth County.

Old 11-10-12, 12:58 PM
Mike those are nice pictures of the snow up there I am glad that you and the rest of the guys on the forum have power again. I heard many still don't have power at all and probably will not for a long time. Also some poor people up there are having trouble getting their insurance company to pay. Something like that really terrible storm that happened in Florida many years ago where many people lost there homes. I think the Justice Department looked into the matter then but I am not certain it was too long ago now

Old 11-10-12, 04:48 PM
Unfortunately most people don't seem to read their policies and understand what kind of coverage they have. I know that many policies here in NJ do not cover hurricane damage. It was very important last year that when Irene made landfall in NJ that the winds were below Hurricane force. That allowed people with damage to get their claims paid out. Lucky for me, my insurance company does not make that distinction. They only force me to have a high deductible because of my proximity to the water.

Old 11-11-12, 07:43 PM
I am assuming that pay out will depend on how the storm was classified at the time a house was destroyed. If memory serves me right I think by the time hurricane sandy hit most of the area up there it had been classified as extra tropical and therefore not actually a hurricane so some people still might get help from their insurance company. At least I certainly hope so for those that lost everything. Time will tell and of course there are appeal processes if people are denied a pay out.