Resolve problem with a sign

Old 11-15-12, 09:48 AM
Resolve problem with a sign

Not sure what to say about this.
The local police force chased all the street workers out of the dingy part of the downtown core into my old neighborhood. Now they have raised a billboard in hopes to curb the trade in the residential neighborhood.
'Real men don't buy girls' | Local | News | Sudbury Star

I keep hearing Charlie Sheen in my head while reading this article. So glad I moved out to another town.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-12, 10:56 AM
Prostitution has long been referred to as "the oldest profession." Just like any other business, if there is a demand there will be a supply.

Old 11-15-12, 11:00 AM
I think my biggest issue with this mess here is that they chased them out of a controlable area (industrial section downtown) into a residental area. Raising a billboard and taking media pictures won't fix that mess as much as they would like to think.

Old 11-15-12, 01:41 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
When I lived/worked near Orlando Fla there was one road thru town that had hookers on most every block. Before I moved I noticed they put up signs about every 1/4 mile on that road that said this was a prostitution watch area. Supposedly the cops in that area were on the lookout for the hookers and their customers. I have no idea if it was effective, I moved over 20yrs ago.

Old 11-15-12, 02:42 PM
Group Moderator
Guys who do that sort of thing aren't going to be shamed into not doing it by a billboard.

Old 11-15-12, 04:28 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Signs inform, they don't regulate. Like the one I saw back in 1994 (may still be there) approaching Ohare airport in Chicago.....big letters...."NUCLEAR FREE ZONE". Does that mean "small" atomic bombs would not be allowed at all??? How unfair!

Old 11-15-12, 04:36 PM
Ugh. What dummies. That's why there is a seedy part of town. You just can't get rid of all the crime, but if you can contain it to one small area, you can certainly manage it and keep most people happy and out of danger. The last thing you need is drug addicted hookers in a neighborhood.

Old 11-15-12, 07:14 PM
Group Moderator
On a side note, notice the billboard next to the one Mike is talking about? Appears to be a truck ad from Dodge. Mentions 36 MPG. Shouldn't it be a KPL rating? It is Canada after all. US advertisers

Old 11-16-12, 06:08 AM
Group Moderator
"NUCLEAR FREE ZONE"
Larry, they meant no microwave ovens.

Old 11-16-12, 06:32 AM
Tolyn Ironhand,
Nice catch. We still use the imperial system for some things in the automotive, mining and rail industries.
One think to note, they do cheat a bit for MPG ratings as that is UK gallons, not US. UK sounds more impressive.
Also (slightly off topic) note, that is a GM. The up to 36MPG rating is on a dyno, using a 3.08 rear end (which no one in their right mind would want in a real truck). I don't remember what rear end my dad has in his truck, but he's lucky to see 17MPG (US) on a long hwy drive.

Old 11-16-12, 06:58 AM
Admin Emeritus

Sign?

How about one of these below?....

Bill Board? Appropreate for the area?

Name:  Climax Point.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  7.9 KB

Name:  Best Hand Job.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  17.3 KB

Name:  Dick Cleaners.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  19.3 KB

Name:  No Humping.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  4.4 KB

Old 11-16-12, 07:25 AM
Group Moderator
I'm pretty sure it is a Dodge billboard because it says "RAMTRUCKdotCA" at the bottom. (I have a big screen)

Yeah, the MPGs are always not real world. In fact KIA just got tagged for inflating their MPG for their cars.

Old 11-16-12, 03:10 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
As the first comment on the website says, you don't "buy" girls, you "rent" them. Big difference. I "buy" hammers. I "rent" front end loaders because I can't afford the upkeep. Sort of the same thing.