Guitar Question

Old 12-04-12, 09:25 PM
Guitar Question

In THIS video there's something in the acoustic guitar. Is it foam to dampen the sound or is it a oversized pickup amp.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-12, 09:41 PM
Group Moderator
I was looking for a pick-up cable but didn't see one. That acoustic guitar is obviously mic'ed so that could be some kind of acoustic pick-up. Maybe a custom design.

Wow.....Zach has over 200 guitars and a lot of them are custom. Pretty talented.

Old 12-04-12, 11:43 PM
flirty1 I looked at your video and while I can't say I am an expert I would say it is some kind of pickup amp. I think this guitar though is made to sound more like a regular acoustic guitar than an electric guitar. I also think that due to the size of the audience and other factors that they thought a guitar with an acoustic pick up would be best. Kind of looks like a guitar a fellow from church uses for services as it is about the same size and acoustic but electrified like that guitar. I never have seen it close up though so I can't say it has the same pick up.
Nice music though for rock and at least you can understand the fellow who is singing. So many times when I have heard rock in today's music it sounds like they are chewing their words or something.

Old 12-05-12, 02:47 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I'm like the others, I have never seen it, but it appears to be a wireless pick up system, since there were no cords when he sat down. It eliminates a standard pick up, 1/4" cable,Direct Input box, and an XLR cable to the amp/sound board. Not sure if it required phantom power or not, but probably so, depending on it's sending unit. It looked as if the pick ups were spaced under each string, probably in an attempt to pick up true sound of each string independently, rather than as a group sound.

Sound of music and words are OK, but I just gotta get past those nose rings. Sheesh. In addition if you serve my table while I am eating, don't come with nose,eyebrow,lip, tongue or other piercings. You will be replaced. Sorry for the personal touch.

Old 12-05-12, 06:30 PM
I thought I saw a thin wire Larry but maybe not. I agree with about the nose rings a real no no .

Old 12-05-12, 07:53 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I saw a wire at 4:18, but it didn't seem to go anywhere. Antenna possibly? I'll have to ask our guitar player at church to see if he has heard of such an animal.

Search this Thread