shipping boxes

Old 12-05-12, 12:49 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
shipping boxes

I ordered a set of headlights for my stepson's jeep and was surprised when they came 4-5 days sooner than promised. Since more than half of the delivery drivers can't drive it was no surprise when they called and said they would drop the package off at my neighbor's porch. I took my jeep down to get the box, but I should have drove my truck. The box for 2 round jeep headlights was 14"x18" and 5' long. I liked to never have gotten that box into the jeep

Shipping was free but you'd think it would be cheaper on the manufacture [or whoever pays the shipping] to size their boxes better. Of course with all the newspaper you could have probably dropped that box off of a 10 story bldg and not hurt the headlights

Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-12, 01:12 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
5' long That allows for fast stops by the delivery driver, I guess. I have noticed deliveries have been a lot quicker in the past few months. I'd order something for the truck, and turn around and it was here. I have a drop box about 2'x3' with a lid (plastic deck box) that they put it in at the entrance. I lay a pebble on the lid so I will know they have been there.

Old 12-05-12, 01:21 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
What's really surprising is I just checked my CC web site and they haven't charged my CC yet for the purchase. I placed the order on monday. The big box wouldn't have bothered me if I had drove my truck.... I probably spent more time trying to get the box in the jeep than anything else

Old 12-05-12, 09:17 PM
I remember one time I ordered a tripod for a still camera that I thought at the time I would give to my aunt from a dealer on e-bay. I waited a few days and a big huge box big enough to send a 26 inch tv tube type analog set comes to my door. I didn't mind the big box too much but I sure didn't like the looks of the case that was holding the tripod as it looked like it had been dragged through the dirt. I was able to clean the case but I gave them a less than perfect review at the time and told them about my dissatisfaction. Their excuse for the big box and the dirty case was it was the carriers fault which I found hard to believe. Of course later on I have seen video of carriers from different companies just throwing things so it is possible. One thing I do appreciate though is these grocery companies wrapping gravy jars real well, it isn't nice when you order something like that and it arrives broken. We don't use those grocery places real often but they sure come in handy when you are busy.