What a moron

Old 12-20-12, 02:40 PM
What a moron

A guy in CT was just arrested for having a stolen AR-15. He's a whack job that is being "treated" for schizoprenia. He's had run ins with the law for illegally possessing guns.

All he did was walk in to a local gunshop, pick the rifle off a rack in the middle of the sales floor and then walk out the door. It was all caught on video surveillance except no one was paying attention to the video. Apparently it wasn't until two days later before police were informed.According to police this same gunshop has lost 13 guns to theft in the last year.

The idiot owner of the gunshop refused to be interviewed on TV. He should lose his FFL.

Maybe it's time to require mental health professionals to identify their whacky male patients to police.

Cho VT murderer - known whacko
Harris Columbine murderer - known whacko
Lanza Newtown murderer - known whacko

Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-12, 02:57 PM
Geez. This guy must be making a ton of money if he hasn't even made a move to prevent more thefts.

Old 12-20-12, 03:43 PM
Super Moderator
Saw a news report near where I used to live (though pretty rural)...thief drove a vehicle into the front door made off with about $10K in different guns. Heck, even happened here in Nowheresville. Guy cut the phone lines and used a truck to pull out a back door (this is after he mistakenly broke in to the range next door), made off with about 5-6 rifles and 4-5 handguns. Seriously? The better gun stores (and pawn shops) back in VA where I used to live either loaded everything into a vault at the end of the day, or had chains and steel rods locking everything down as well as something a bit tougher than a regular residential steel door with 2 additional deabbolts top and bottom.

The place Wayne mentions......uhhh have they ever heard of a piece of cable and a padlock?

Old 12-20-12, 04:30 PM
It really is strange. People who own guns and defend the right to own them quite often site the fact that most gun crime is committed using illegal guns. You would think that segment of the population would make a concerted effort to reduce the use of illegal gun by securing the ones in their possession.

Old 12-20-12, 05:17 PM
Anyone interested about the facts regarding gun crime should do a bit of research. Check out the FBI's crime stat site and the CDC's fatality site.

According to their stats, guns accounted for about 65% of homicides. Edged weapons came in as #2. Handguns are the weapon of choice when it comes to murder, with long guns (of all types) coming in a distant 2nd. Also take a look at who's doing the murders.

So what are the knee jerk politicians leaping on - "assault" rifles and clips.

Old 12-20-12, 05:35 PM
Super Moderator
No offense to anyone....but please stop saying "clips". Clip is a word used by the ignorant (IMO)...and I know no one here is that? I know, I know...some people have heard it all their lives...but hey...we're not old dogs are we?

Magazine or mag...please?

Old 12-21-12, 03:50 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
No offense taken. It may be a local thingy. We call them clips (and we may have dimmer lights), but you are probably more correct in calling them magazines. Hey, maybe if the politicos misdescribe them in their proposed legislation, they will mess up

Old 12-21-12, 04:36 AM
Vic,

I've been calling them clips for 60 years. That's what I learned as a kid and I see no reason to change. I suspect that it's from all the guys coming back from WWII where they picked up on M1 stripper clips. I grew up in a gun culture, shot competitively in the military for years and it was called a clip as often as it was called a magazine. I guess we were all ignorant.

Try Googling rifle clip and see what kind of results you get.

I don't understand the "no offense" but you're ignorant comments. Does adding "no offense" make calling somebody ignorant less of an insult?

Copied from WIKI

The term clip is commonly used to describe a firearm magazine, especially in newspapers, movies, and on television. Because of this usage, the Merriam-Webster dictionary now defines a clip as "a device to hold cartridges for charging the magazines of some rifles; also :a magazine from which ammunition is fed into the chamber of a firearm". However, this usage is technically incorrect. In the correct usage, a clip is used to feed a magazine or revolving cylinder, while a magazine or a belt is used to load cartridges into the chamber of a firearm. In essence, the clip stores the rounds of ammunition before being inserted into the magazine, which houses the clip inside for use by the firearm. Most weapons that use clips, such as the M1 Garand as seen above, utilize the clip by loading it directly into the firearm.[1]

Old 12-21-12, 05:55 AM
Group Moderator
Okay, boys, let's play nice together.

And I'll see you the moron and raise one idiot:

Drunk man asks to bring gun to Charlotte schools - ABC-7.com WZVN News for Fort Myers, Cape Coral & Naples, Florida

Search this Thread