login button not working

Old 12-22-12, 07:33 AM
login button not working

On my opening screen I get no response from the log-in button. I found that I can request a search and at the next screen the log-in button works. I then log-in and back arrow and I'm in.

FYI
Bud

Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-12, 03:09 PM
I noticed the login doesn't work either especially in Firefox and not just on one computer either as it didn't work on my laptop or desktop using two different versions of Windows. When I noticed it I used the contact form so I am sure they are aware of the issue. Until this gets fixed I suggest everyone uses Internet Explorer,Chrome or Comodo Dragon which is like Chrome and you shouldn't have any problems. Except with Comodo Dragon I did notice a word wrap problem that went away after I posted. Annoying but at least you can still post.

Old 12-22-12, 04:17 PM
Thanks hedgeclippers, at least now I know it isn't me or my flaky computer. I am using FF and I just hit the search request right below the login button. Then the next login button works. I sign in and back arrow and I'm where I want to be.

I wonder if I will live long enough to see computer hackers and software bugs go away. At my age, I don't think so.

Bud

Old 12-22-12, 06:36 PM
Hackers I think will be around for a long time Bud9051. On my Firefox I usually click on the X on the search page and then I see other websites I have been to and go straight to the forum main page. I was able to log in but only after I went to the Did it myself page and then I could log in. Hopefully when the web page people see this they will figure out what is wrong. Could be someone hacked into their system although I know they have worked on improvements lately.

Old 12-22-12, 06:47 PM
Group Moderator
I'm using FF. When I come to the site I just click on FORUMS. It logs me right in.

Old 12-30-12, 08:03 PM
I never did get a chance to ask you PJmax if you had checked off keep me logged in? I usually log out of everything on my laptop and only keep some things as an instant log in on my desktop. I haven't had log in issues with other websites but have here recently and I still do. Seems like it is a bit on the slow side too to get to different areas especially with Firefox but not my other browsers. Hopefully this is fixed soon as I really like Firefox better. I have a work a round while on this website by going to a different page and logging in and then back to the forum so it isn't too much of a problem but is annoying.

Old 12-30-12, 08:07 PM
Group Moderator
I had checked off "keep me logged in" but it didn't seem to work. When I left the site and came back it would show me as not logged in.

When I come to the site now....I just click on FORUMS and I'm logged in like 3-4 seconds.

Old 12-30-12, 09:36 PM
Apparently it is also a Microsoft Windows issue and something not coded right for Firefox Windows version. Right now to post this I am using Linux in a virtual machine that has Firefox installed and the Linux version seems to be working normally here. It seems like I have to be careful though with spacing and I have to go back to correct things, might be just a Linux thing not sure. Anyway hopefully this additional information will be helpful to the web designer.

Old 12-30-12, 10:42 PM
Working here FF on Linux.

Old 12-31-12, 07:51 AM
Super Moderator
Working here XP FF 17.0.1

No issues.

The remember me check box only appears when I click on the forums, then click log in. Always been like that as long as I remember.

Old 12-31-12, 02:27 PM
Mike when you said you didn't have any issues there with your computer I took Firefox off and then re-installed it and then cleared my history and cache as I had checked off keep history. So now at least on my Windows 7 desktop everything is working right. Sorry Bud9051 apparently it was a problem with our computers after all and not the website. Maybe some kind of update messed things up for both of us and anyone else who might be reading this. Anyway a brief lesson in case you don't know how to do clearing of the cache in Firefox is to click on tools and then options and go to advanced and then clear both web content and user data and the cache. The history area is separate and I cleared my history first and then my cache and web content and user data. Not sure if it makes any difference but it worked for me that way.

Old 12-31-12, 03:14 PM
Super Moderator
Anyway a brief lesson in case you don't know how to do clearing of the cache in Firefox is to click on tools and then options and go to advanced and then clear both web content and user data and the cache. The history area is separate and I cleared my history first and then my cache and web content and user data. Not sure if it makes any difference but it worked for me that way.
Just go to tools/clear recent history.... And all will be cleared...cache, cookies, site preference...etc. You can uncheck what you do not want deleted.

I clear mine once a week. Although I do additional scans and clearing monthly... I am anal like that because these old XP computers are obsolete. Must keep them clear.

My XP computers, Which is all 4 I have, are faster then most of my buddies 7,8...computers.... Vista seemed to be good.

I am afraid to leave XP. This has been the most stable since I had ME.....NT was the best...

Old 01-01-13, 01:42 AM
I understand how you feel Mike most of my laptops are XP including the laptop that had the problem which just clearing my history seemed to take care of. That being said though I like my two Windows 7 desktops and very rarely have had an issue with either. On my office desktop there was an issue with AVG and on the entertainment desktop I have in my living room there have been issues with Adobe at times and being able to see video but that is rare. One thing I don't do enough of with the living room computer is updates as I haven't had it on in a couple of months as we have been watching recorded shows. So I really need to do that more often as that is definitely tied to performance.
Windows 8 kind of scares me as I hear it is terrible for mouse control and then too I heard about those squares and not being able to use older versions of office. So Windows 8 might be cheaper to acquire but they get you in the wallet for office which is essential for any desktop even if you use it only every once in a while. I also don't like this in the cloud business either that they seem to emphasize.