My dog crossed over

Old 01-02-13, 08:20 AM
Super Moderator
My dog crossed over

My dog of 12 years was put to sleep this morning. An aggressive, malignant tumor just took over in a couple weeks. She was always so healthy and happy.
I'm not taking it very well.

Heart-broken

Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-13, 08:22 AM
Group Moderator
Yeah, dogs live long enough to grab a chunk of your heart but not much longer than that....

Sorry for your loss.

Old 01-02-13, 08:25 AM
Group Moderator
It is always so hard to say goodbye to a loved one whether a family member or friend.

So sorry for your loss. {{{{{{{ Shadeladie }}}}}}

Old 01-02-13, 08:28 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Having been through it many times, I truly know your feelings. You'll always tear up at the thought, although it may get easier with time. Sorry for your loss.

Old 01-02-13, 08:50 AM
Sorry to hear of your loss.
It's sad to have to put them down after so long.

Old 01-02-13, 09:30 AM
Super Moderator
Sorry to hear of your loss Becky. I felt the same when we lost 2 of our longtime cats within about 9 months of each other. They went from perfectly healthy to gone in a period of weeks. It still bothers me 2 yrs later as Larry said. Though we love our new ones like crazy, they aren't replacements...just additions.

Old 01-02-13, 10:02 AM
Super Moderator
Thank you everyone. Yes, I've been thru this a number of times before, but it doesn't get any easier. It's a horrible feeling when you first lose them.
I still miss all of them and each one was completely different, so there's never a replacement, but it takes me a while till I can adopt someone else, tho.

Old 01-02-13, 10:18 AM
At least you where able to make it a bit easier on yourself and bring her in.

My parent's king shepherd had a heart attack at age 14. Although my parent's got him after I moved out, it was one of the hardest things to go out there to help my dad put his body in the truck.

Old 01-02-13, 11:43 AM
On September 5, 2011 I held my boy Bob (GSD/Malinois cross, age 8) in my arms as we had him put down. Bone cancer. Worst day of my life. I still think of him every single day. I honestly cried more that day than when my own father died.

Very sorry to hear about your dog Shadeladie. Easily one of the hardest things a pet owner has to deal with.

Old 01-02-13, 12:37 PM
They give so much and ask so little.
I feel your pain,
Bud

Old 01-02-13, 02:25 PM
Becky I am sorry for your loss. We had a cat by the name of Buttercup for 16 years and finally she had multiple tumors so we had to put her to sleep. Before Buttercup was adopted I had a cat by the name of Tiger who lived for 18 years and then we adopted Midnight and Buttercup from our next door neighbor. Midnight tragically died at only 5 years of age from a heart attack. Buttercup has been gone now for about 4 years or so now I guess so we are cat free for now but I still miss every one of my cats that have passed. It never is easy to lose a pet as they become so much a part of us for that brief period in time. We may or may not adopt again it depends on things and even if we do it never will be the same!

Old 01-02-13, 03:39 PM
Super Moderator
Thank you again.
This day seems to be going on forever. I just wish it would be over with.