23 executive actions

Old 01-18-13, 03:47 PM
23 executive actions

I finally pulled up the 23 proposals BO issued and I was surprised to not find a lot of the anti-gun rhetoric I expected.

First, if I'm getting this right, he did not issue executive orders. His 23 were executive actions, which are like recommendations with no legal requirement.

Second (a little irony there), although lacking details, I don't see a problem with any of the 23. Maybe the details will change what I'm reading, but since these are actions and not orders, they are still up for discussion. Here's the link, if it goes down I have my copy and will post.
List of executive actions Obama plans to take as part of anti-gun violence plan | Fox News

Is it the press that has been pointing at banning guns, these 23 don't seem to be headed that direction.

Bud

Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-13, 04:18 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I have a problem with them requiring a doctor to inquire whether or not I have weapons in my home. Ain't none of their business. Matter of fact, it ain't anyone's business, even the government.

Wife is finding it difficult, too, as it trickles downs to the nurses having to ask during triage.

I also have a problem with the CDC, a bunch of liberal headed medicos, gathering information to tell him how do thwart gun violence. They are too single minded to see beyond what they are fed by the government.

Just what is the "background check system"?? It is no a proper name, so it appears he wants information to be fed to a collection system to keep it. This is contrary to current law. Such information can't be kept in permanent archives.

Who will the AG determine to be "dangerous people"?? Returning military heroes?

Overall, his "recommendations" were pretty innocuous on first sight. They will be reworded as time goes by and the blanks will be filled in. We must stay on top of it.

Old 01-18-13, 05:34 PM
Super Moderator
Larry.....

As I've read things...they aren't required to ask anything about weapons...it's just a clarification that they are now allowed to, without being in violation of any Federal laws.

Old 01-18-13, 05:39 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Still ain't none of their business. They'll get the same answer from me if asked, along with a stupid look.

Old 01-18-13, 05:51 PM
I had expected something along the lines of Pelosi's illogical thinking and was surprised. But you are correct, this is just the start.

If they give this time to be examined properly and address the erosion of America's values I believe they can make some progress. Values like, respect for others, respect for the law, respect for law officers, and on and on. Maybe it is because I've been around longer that I can see how far we have slid backwards, but wherever our starting point, we need to stop the slide now.

Bud