House for sale soon?

Old 01-30-13, 12:20 PM
Group Moderator
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-13, 12:27 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
A friend of mine used to own a house with a bad bat infestation problem. He called an exterminator and found out it was against the law in virginia to kill them and trapping with no garuntee that they would get them all was too expensive. A few yrs later he had the roof replaced. Between ripping off the metal roof and installing a new one - all the bats left

Old 01-30-13, 12:32 PM
Group Moderator
Yeah, I know from someone else who had an infestation in the siding that you can't kill them in MN, either. That said, I think that's probably a good thing - I think the average bat takes down a couple thousand mosquitoes for dinner every night.

Old 01-30-13, 02:11 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
I know bats play an important part in our environment but it's hard to convince someone that has an attic full of them

Old 01-30-13, 05:45 PM
All those droppings in the attic are a health hazard. They will eventually get heavy enough to drop the ceiling into the living space.

I saw that exterminator guy on TV deal with a bat infestation. I wish I could recall what he did to get them out. He may have flushed them out with water and then sealed up the entry point with wire mesh.

Old 01-30-13, 06:02 PM
A neighbor of ours has or had bats in her attic but she wasn't concerned. I wouldn't have that myself and wouldn't want bats in my attic.

Old 01-31-13, 04:17 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I couldn't imagine anyone allowing the situation to grow as it did in the video. I like bats. I build bat houses to keep them on my property......and to keep them out of my attic. But this was unbelievable. If someone could gather the droppings safely, they would have a gold mine People pay good money for bat guano.

Old 01-31-13, 07:08 AM
I just got a chance to watch the video. Holy there are a lot of bats in there.

Old 01-31-13, 07:26 AM
Group Moderator
Yeah, I thought it would be cool if someone could slow it down and try to count them.

Worst part, IMO, was that was only a small chunk of roof, there could have still been a lot of bats under there.

Old 01-31-13, 08:55 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
thought it would be cool if someone could slow it down and try to count them
But none of us have that many fingers and toes